2017 250 pro xs issue?

Was out on the lake today scouting marking waypoints going between 3-5mph for a few hours, got done shut motor off and fished for about 45min then decided to leave, start motor up let idle for roughly 1-2min then hammered the throttle and would not get on plane, stopped tried again, rejected again, stopped shut motor off looked around while scratching my head, didnt see or figure out anything I was doing wrong, started it back up tried again and rejected again... so it was a long idle back to the ramp, barely got it on the trailer, like it just has no balls. No beeps, etc...

Any ideas? Motor has about 30hrs on it and is under warranty. Going to call bassproshop in the morning but I'm sure they are backed up and wont be able to get me in.

Thanks

Not much help but after any measurable idling or tap above idle I would take it up and clear its throat before turning it off. I feel bad idling for 15 minutes
    Mercury 250 proxs 2B115089

3. Member
    Check the shift position switch.

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Fishysam View Post
    Not much help but after any measurable idling or tap above idle I would take it up and clear its throat before turning it off. I feel bad idling for 15 minutes
    I'll definitely remember that for next time.

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Savage View Post
    Check the shift position switch.
    Where is that switch located? I did have the shifter out the day before from running a transducer wire, not sure if I may have done something. It has a hot foot, just for info

6. Member
    Port side where cables attach.

7. Member
    Happened to me twice in the past. Once it was wiring harness, had it replaced and was good to go. Next time it was a bad coil. Mechanic replaced all six of them under warranty. This was back when Merc had a run of bad coils I guess.

8. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    If you would, please take a moment to review the Forum Announcements, and update your thread with the required info.

Thanks!

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by EuropeanAM View Post
    If you would, please take a moment to review the Forum Announcements, and update your thread with the required info.

Thanks!
    Just wondering, why is it important for me to post my serial number in my post? Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by 17z20 View Post
    Just wondering, why is it important for me to post my serial number in my post? Thanks
    This is most likely why!

http://www.bbcboards.net/announcement.php?f=7
    2013 Ranger Z520c Mercury 250 Pro XS
    1990 Ranger 361V 1991 Johnson 150 Fast Strike J150GLEIS

Some of the guys here have access to factory support TSBs and FSBs and a serial number is needed to access this information to assist you, Auto techs even use VIN numbers to get information about your vehicles today, there are just to many changes to go by year model anymore.
    Thank You Leon Pugh

12. Member
    Oh, ok, I didnt know people could access that, thanks.
    I'll get that info in the morning.

13. Member
    Shop called me today and they said I had a bad spark plug, only running on 5 cylinders.... so I pick it up tomorrow woohoo lol

14. Member
    Ok so mercury wouldn't cover anything again.... 121 bucks for a spark plug and labor lol
    They understood about a plug not being covered but they said my thermostat last time should have been covered under defective... He said to start running "quick clean" on every fill up
    Attached Images Attached Images

15. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Thermostats and spark plugs are maintenance items- listed in the Recommended ANNUAL Maintenance.

Quickleen AND Quickare... check out the FAQ Section for details.

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor

16. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by EuropeanAM View Post
    Thermostats and spark plugs are maintenance items- listed in the Recommended ANNUAL Maintenance.

Quickleen AND Quickare... check out the FAQ Section for details.
    Thanks