Skeeter with broken wires on 250 who

Hey folks,
    I own a 2014 Skeeter with a 250 Yamaha sho and I have been using the Motor Mate for four years. Well last week I was fishing a tournament and all my electronic went hay wire and doing weird stuff and the boat would not start (no power) we found out that if we moved the wiring hose in the back we could make things periodically work. I took the boat into the marina for further inspection and all the wires are broke or kinked at the motor entrance due to me having to raise the motor up so high to install the motor mate. Looks like this is going to cost me about $1200 to fix this issue so if you're using the motor mate on this set up you may want to check your wires and change to a different transom saver. Not sure i will prevent this from happening again but I'll come up with something that I won't have to raise the motor up so high to use a transom saver.

2. Member
    I would not say it is the motor mates fault. My 2010 ZX 250 did the same thing and I used the transome saver that came from Yamaha (white that went over trim rod). Had to replace entire wire harness. Yamaha covered mine under warranty. Might see if yours is covered. Should be if it is only a 2014.
    X

3. Member
    I just replaced mine. The umbilical from the motor to key switch. $107. Took 1-1/2 hours.

Sounds like you are getting over charged.

Good heads up for others to be aware of!!
    IMO thats a design flaw or bad rigging.

5. Member
    If you have a hydraulic jackplate, raise the plate prior to installing any transom saver. You can lower back down once installed. Doing this eliminates the hard kink when trimming all the way up.
    Phoenix 721 - Yamaha SHO 250 - 8' Blades