Onboard Battery Charger

I have an extra two bank that I replaced with a 3 bank and also have a brand new 1 bank that I'm not using right now. My question is, can you use these onboard chargers to hook up to stuff like zero turn mowers, riding mower tractors, etc? Wondering if they will work on standard batteries that are not marine batteries? If I have to sell them I will but thought they might actually work on other items. Thanks............
    2015 Ranger RT188 (white) * 2015 Etec 115 * Minn Kota Fortrex #80 * Humminbird Helix 12 MSI GPS G3N @ Helix 12 G4N on bow * Humminbird Helix 12 MSI GPS G3N at console * M360-MEGA Live
    Blue Water LED Red Deck Lights, LED White Light in Rod Box & Trailer Backup Lights * V-T2 Live Well Vents * Lew's Rod and Reels. Cool Foot pad on t/ motor .

2. Member
    Of course.

Yep

2008 BULLET 21XD 2007 Merc 300xs

4. Member
    They actually work pretty good on those!

5. Member
    Yes work on any battery..

Mercury Pro Team

2017 Triton 20 TRX Patriot
    250 Opti Max Pro XS
    Twin 8' Power Pole Blades
    2 Solix 12 gen 3 , with mega 360

6. Member
    What they said!

If I may expand on the OP's question....

Could I take the extra 5 amp charger and add one line to a Gp 31 AGM that's now getting 5 amps from the 3 bank onboard charger, so it would be getting a total of 10 amps? Would that work?
    Don't worry Ma'am....
    I'm only here for the
    Bass.

8. Member
    I install MinnKota battery chargers , one, two, or three banks, into the cars I build for customers. It’s become routine. They love being able to park their weekend cars and plug them in. They are always ready to go.

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SoonerFan View Post

Could I take the extra 5 amp charger and add one line to a Gp 31 AGM that's now getting 5 amps from the 3 bank onboard charger, so it would be getting a total of 10 amps? Would that work?
    i would not double up a battery with two different chargers, however, running two banks of a single charger to one battery is fine.

probably fine with two “different” chargers too, I guess it just sounds wrong. Haha.

10. Electrical/Wiring/Trolling Motors Moderator CatFan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SoonerFan View Post

Probably, but I’d put the second battery on a timer to only run for something like the first 4 or 5 hoursg after you start charging. That’s where you get the most benefit from extra amps, and the finishing stages are where the second charger MIGHT cause some over or even undercharging.
    If you have integrity, nothing else matters. If you don't have integrity,
    nothing else matters.​