Question Keypad lights all flashing

Hello,

I have a 2007 Ranger 619 Fisherman. I'm having a difficult time starting the motor. I did notice that when trying to start the motor the lights on the keypad were all flashing, not randomly but in a pulse manner. Does anyone have any idea why the keypad lights would all flash in this manner. The motor, a 2007 225 ETEC HO never did start. The battery appears to be fully charged and I will try and have it load tested tomorrow.

Thanks

2. Member
    Press and Hold the Button that is flashing and that resets the breaker. The flashing light in an indication that internal breaker to the pad that has tripped.

2023 Phoenix 920 Elite
    2023 Mercury Pro XS 4S

3. Member
    If all lights are flashing which button should he hold in?

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Zpilot View Post
    If all lights are flashing which button should he hold in?

Yep, all the lights are flashing. I've never experienced that before.

5. Member
    Your stop first.

2023 Phoenix 920 Elite
    2023 Mercury Pro XS 4S

6. Member
    Disconnect the battery and let sit for 30 min. Then reconnect and see if it is still acting up.

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by AHens View Post
    Disconnect the battery and let sit for 30 min. Then reconnect and see if it is still acting up.
    Thanks. The battery is disconnected and when I get some time I'm going to have it load tested. This battery is a Deka AGM that is only a year old and I've had good luck with this battery in the past. I'm hoping it's just a battery issue.

8. Member
    Well, the battery was load tested by our battery dealer and it tested out just fine. The keypad start button did work but just barely as I had to press down the start button down hard to get it to start. In the past all I had to do was just barely touch the button and it started right up. I decided to hook up the spare key ignition just to see if that would work. It didn't. A turn of the key and even a hint of the motor turning over. So perhaps I have other issues with the motor other than just the keypad and the spare key ignition. Anyone else have a similar experience?