Need additional bow guides

I have a 2002 205vx, my fifth Ranger, and the only one that has an issue with loading !! It's always wanting to miss the bow stop to one side or the other. I've tried different depths, and various other suggestions. I basically have to have to trailer halve way in, load the bow, then back the rest of the way in and pull forward. This is pretty easy when I have a buddy to drive the truck, but it's a hassell when fishing alone. Ranger used to have two guides that mounted on the cross member just behind the bow stop that guided the bow in. Does anybody have some they don't use or know where I can find them ???
    Ranger Boats / Mercury Motors
    G Loomis Rods / Shimano Reels
    Raymarine / MinnKota Ultrex
    Garmin / Live Scope Plus
    Pepper Jigs / Robo Worms
    Troll Bridge / V-T2 Vents

2. Member
    Talk to Scott Tuesday he might be able to help you out. He is a damn good fabricator
    Mike Matthews

U.S.N. 1963-1969

3. Member
    Do you have a picture of the ones that Ranger used to use?

Quote Originally Posted by wmitch2 View Post
    I have a 2002 205vx, my fifth Ranger, and the only one that has an issue with loading !! It's always wanting to miss the bow stop to one side or the other. I've tried different depths, and various other suggestions. I basically have to have to trailer halve way in, load the bow, then back the rest of the way in and pull forward. This is pretty easy when I have a buddy to drive the truck, but it's a hassell when fishing alone. Ranger used to have two guides that mounted on the cross member just behind the bow stop that guided the bow in. Does anybody have some they don't use or know where I can find them ???

4. Member
    You can see them on my trailer. They are placed just in front of the bow winch and help guide the boat to the winch. I don't have any close ups, but I realized right away, these things were magic when loading the boat by myself.

Quote Originally Posted by apenland01 View Post
    You can see them on my trailer. They are placed just in front of the bow winch and help guide the boat to the winch. I don't have any close ups, but I realized right away, these things were magic when loading the boat by myself.

YES Thats them !! What year and model is your boat ? Aso your trailer VIN would really help !! Maybe I can get them from Ranger, I hope !
    Ranger Boats / Mercury Motors
    G Loomis Rods / Shimano Reels
    Raymarine / MinnKota Ultrex
    Garmin / Live Scope Plus
    Pepper Jigs / Robo Worms
    Troll Bridge / V-T2 Vents

6. Member
    Any year model 491v or 492v or vs. I think the 390 series had them also. 1990-1998

7. Member
    It's a 1994 492VS. I think if you have a longer boat, the old Ranger Trail trailers came standard with them to help with loading the boat.

Quote Originally Posted by gonnabe View Post
    Any year model 491v or 492v or vs. I think the 390 series had them also. 1990-1998
    Yes, my 1991 390 had them.
    "The man of system is apt to be very wise in his own conceit; and is often so enamored with the supposed beauty of his own ideal plan of government that he cannot suffer the smallest deviation from any part of it…He seems to imagine that he can arrange the different members of a great society with as much ease as the hand arranges the different pieces upon a chessboard.” Adam Smith, The Theory of Moral Sentiments

9. Member
    I never actually looked at these before, but they are just a bolt on item, not welded into place. Here are some close-up pics of these bow guides. They are mounted with a U bolt onto the cross member, so it would be a super simple install. I'm sure Ranger would sell these separately....