Question Info on Spybaits

When, where and how are you guys using this tactic? Am interested in trying this on some deep/clear lakes in my area but not sure how to get started.

Basscat Eyra
    Mercury 250 ProXS

2. Member
    Just got to experiment roughly sinks 1’ per second to dissect a area of water. I prefer spinning 7’plus 8# max. Slow steady retrieve.
    Nitro z21

3. Member
    Man last year on Smith April-mid June I caught tons of good fish on it even had some days pushing 100 fish. Fadg forward i can not catch on over on the thing. It's really good for schooling fish.

4. Member
    I’ve caught them Spring through Fall on St Clair at a variety of depths and retrieve speeds. But I find they shine the best during hot flat calm days during the summer. The times of day / year they become the toughest to catch is when the Spybait will at times out perform most other techniques IMHO. You can’t reel the bait slow enough when fishing it this way.

5. Member
    I use a 7’ Medium/light baitcaster fast action with a BFS reel. You want long casts and a BFS reel gets me a little extra over a spinning rod.if you prefer spinning use a medium or medium light (depends on brand’) 7’6 rod for extra distance casting

Reel very slow as everyone others have said. I have caught some big largemouths on this technique so don’t only use it for Smallies.

6. Member
    Slow. Steady. Anytime you KNOW there's fish in an area, throw it.

7. Member
    I use a dropshot spinning rod. 6'10". 10lb braid to a 7lb fluro leader about 8 ft long. Like said above cast out let sink to depth you think fish ate at and slow retrieve back. I caught fish last weekend in 52 degree water reeling so slow I had to check and make sure my hand was moving. One tip I will give is if you feel a bump dont set the hook keep reeling. Fish like to bump the bait and will usually hit it again. Wait for them to really get the bait.