Spare Hub storage container

Checking to see if anyone knows of or can recommend a good storage container for carrying a spare trailer hub in, needs to keep it secured and not rattling around Thanks for any assistance provided.

2. Member
    A lot of high end saltwater boat trailers, mine included actually have a spindle welded to the trailer with a hub attached to carry the spare tire. Does double duty of having a spare tire and hub right on the trailer.

Like this.
    https://www.reesehitches.com/product...hoC76EQAvD_BwE

2015 Yellowfin 21 with 2014 Yamaha SHO 250

I’ve noticed some of my customers have it bolted to there spare....
    BULLET 20 XRD/250 Merc Sport XS
    www.ncboatguy.com

4. Member
    I bolted mine to my spare tire and then locked it onto the wheel. My concern was the dirt and water getting into the hub so I found a spindle that fit cut it off and then mounted it in the hub so it keeps the crap out of it.

I used to weld a spindle to the frame and mount the spare to it.
    Found a plastic bucket that was the right size and carry it in my tool box now. Thank goodness I have never needed it since getting the oil bath hubs.

North End of Beautiful Norfork Lake...MO/AR Border
    I use one of those plastic crates like the milk delivery guy transports milk in....stuff a few rags around it in the crate because your going to need them

7. Member
    +1 That is what I use for my on boat prop storage with a hub kit installed. Might not work for you big prop guys, but I can get a 20 pitch LazerII in there. Should work well for your trailer parts if you have room.
    Quote Originally Posted by rangerbobber View Post
    I use one of those plastic crates like the milk delivery guy transports milk in....stuff a few rags around it in the crate because your going to need them

Shop around for a Tupperware container with a snap on lid. Wrap the hub in lightly oiled rags, then put in container and snap the lid on.

9. Member
    I just can't see keeping a trailer hub in a crate in my truck full time when I can mount it on the trailer and forget about it. To each his own...
    2015 Yellowfin 21 with 2014 Yamaha SHO 250

I use a prop bag for my prop....may work for your hub too....
    Yamaha Mercury OMC Outboard Propeller Bag/Cover Prop MAR-PROPB-AG-BK https://www.amazon.com/dp/B005C5CDOY..._XUzZBbM8AMD1J
    BULLET 20 XRD/250 Merc Sport XS
    www.ncboatguy.com

11. mikesxpress
    I keep mine in a Tuff box in the back of the truck/camper shell. Has all the correct tools to R&R, spindle, lube, lugs, caliper, pads, for one wheel. Trailer-Aide is right next to it.

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mikesxpress View Post
    I keep mine in a Tuff box in the back of the truck/camper shell. Has all the correct tools to R&R, spindle, lube, lugs, caliper, pads, for one wheel. Trailer-Aide is right next to it.
    My system is similar to Mike’s. Complete assembly parts for one wheel. Tools and lube, rags, gloves and headlight for a night repair. R+R at home and inventory everything for the repair. Last thing you need is to be short something on the road. Never leave home without these items. This has saved my butt more than once.

13. Member
    I wrapped mine in a rag then put it in a food saver bag got all the air out of it I also grease the bearings that way

14. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Bassman Ia. View Post
    Shop around for a Tupperware container with a snap on lid. Wrap the hub in lightly oiled rags, then put in container and snap the lid on.
    This and put in a rod locker or in the truck.