Thread: Trailer tires

Trailer tires

This has been beat to death but wondering have an of y'all got trailer tires thru Walmart? They are the cheapest I have found. Not going back with goodyears. Read a lot of negatives about the new version of them. The goodyears I have now lasted 14 years before they have gave it up.
    2004 Skeeter ZX225 Yamaha HPDI 225

Quote Originally Posted by ncskeeterzx225 View Post
    This has been beat to death but wondering have an of y'all got trailer tires thru Walmart? They are the cheapest I have found. Not going back with goodyears. Read a lot of negatives about the new version of them. The goodyears I have now lasted 14 years before they have gave it up.
    If you're talking about negatives about Goodyear Endurance tires, I would like to know more. All I've ever heard is highly positive...so much so I just bought a pair for my trailer .
    Don't worry Ma'am....
    I'm only here for the
    Bass.

3. Member
    The new Goodyear Endurance tires have very good reviews on many forums.

4. Member
    Does Goodyear have another trailer tire out? I have seen several pictures of blown out tires. I know that who knows the condition of the tire before. I have never been a big fan of goodyears when it comes to car and truck tires.
    2004 Skeeter ZX225 Yamaha HPDI 225

5. Member
    The Goodyear Marathons were a problem. Many blow outs tearing up fenders!

6. Member
    I just purchased 2 new Goodyear Endurance based on suggestions from here (BBC).

I get Carlisles from Discount tire. Think they are 100-120 out the door and hold up well.
    Neil Eckberg- Cary, NC - 2008 Skeeter ZX250- 250 Yamaha SHO

Kerr Lake Ba$$hole

8. Member
    I recently replaced 10 year old Maxxis tires with Tow Master trailer tires. Got them at Universal Tire, I have done tire business with him 20 years, he said he had been selling them for a while with good service from them.
    1998 Triton TR20
    1998 Mercury 200EFI

9. Member
    im running maxxis with no problems, bought a set of carlisiles a few years ago, within a year caps on all even the spare were separating. I believe im running maxxix m8008, no problems after a few years and reasonably priced

Quote Originally Posted by printman71 View Post
    I just purchased 2 new Goodyear Endurance based on suggestions from here (BBC).
    Just bought 2 myself a couple of weeks ago based on what I read on this forum.

I've got a feeling that the OP is referring to China made Marathons.
    Don't worry Ma'am....
    I'm only here for the
    Bass.

12. Member
    Walmart sells the tires I got from Amazon. They are 8 ply Load D carlisles $50 each. Those things are beastly! I only have about 1500 miles on them so far, but so far so good.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Quote Originally Posted by Sbassin22 View Post
    Walmart sells the tires I got from Amazon. They are 8 ply Load D carlisles $50 each. Those things are beastly! I only have about 1500 miles on them so far, but so far so good.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
    I have these tires on my tandem trailer for a year and half now with no complaints. Trailer has been from Virginia to New York twice and no problems.

DOES anyone make a "white Lined Letter" trailer tire anymore?
    my last set i went with the Carlisle and this time was gonna go with the Maxxis, but NEITHER one come in white letter anymore...only solid black and it looks a little odd compared to the factory look...
    Sterling 22XS / Mercury Pro XS V8