93sv - GPS Question?

Whenever I am out on the lake and stop in one spot to fish, the heading of the boat and the screen do not match. Only when I start to drive to my next location does the heading match what the screen shows. I have gone on to settings while in the GPS map, and have tried heading north, etc., but that doesn’t seem to change it. Does anyone know why it doesn’t show how my boat is truly heading while I’m stopped in a spot?

My last electronics were Humminbirds, and I had the GPS puck and I never had this problem. I don’t know if that has anything to do with it.

Thanks!
    Andrew in KC

2017 Nitro Z17 - 115 Mercury Four Stroke Command Thrust

Garmin Echomap Plus 93SV UHD at Console / 2 Garmin Echomap Plus 93SV at Bow with Livescope

Heart Transplant Recipient - March 30, 2017! God bless my donor, and donor family!

That just means you don't have a Heading Sensor. You get the correct direction when you are moving due to Course. GPS does Course, a compass does Direction.
    Your Humminbirds were the same way, you had to have a AS GPS HS antenna to have compass direction.
    Lowrance has the Point1 for that purpose.

Garmin has the Steady Cast Heading Sensor for the lowest price and some others for multi-hundreds of dollars.
    https://www.thegpsstore.com/Garmin-S...sor-P5060.aspx
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    Helix 12 CHIRP MEGA+ SI G3N/G4N, Helix 15 CHIRP MEGA SI+ GPS G4N
    SOLIX 12 SI/G3, Helix 8 CHIRP MEGA SI+ G4N, Ultrex 80/LINK, MEGA360,
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

3. Member
    Thank you for the info!
    Andrew in KC

2017 Nitro Z17 - 115 Mercury Four Stroke Command Thrust

Garmin Echomap Plus 93SV UHD at Console / 2 Garmin Echomap Plus 93SV at Bow with Livescope

Heart Transplant Recipient - March 30, 2017! God bless my donor, and donor family!

4. Member
    Steadycast works great. You'll need a NMEA2k kit with it
    2004 Tracker Avalanche with 150 Mercury XR6