Had a butt pucker moment yesterday.

On the drive home yesterday afternoon after picking up Gracie I was on 380 at a stop light. I looked up and seen a van hauling azz towards me and I thought here we go brace for impact!!! Well he stoped about 2 foot from me. But I looked behind him and seen a semi slam his brakes, come over to the sholder and jacknkife right beside me, only about a foot to my right, then into the ditch. Needless to say I was scared for my daughter getting hurt. I got out and checked on the driver and he was ok, shaken up pretty good. It was pouring rain and hard to see infront of you.I was glad no one got hurt in it.

Glad everything turned out for everyone Kevin!

3. Member
    I know there are a lot of really bad wrecks on 380 near you. Thank God the driver ditched his rig. Glad to hear you and Gracie were untouched.

Not to hijack, but I let Wayne play hooky on Thursday so he and I could go to the fair. Thanks again for the tickets bud!

4. Born on th Llano Estacado Tx Champ's Avatar
    Glad you and Gracie came out unscathed, Kev!

Quote Originally Posted by TX Strampion View Post
    I know there are a lot of really bad wrecks on 380 near you. Thank God the driver ditched his rig. Glad to hear you and Gracie were untouched.

Not to hijack, but I let Wayne play hooky on Thursday so he and I could go to the fair. Thanks again for the tickets bud!
    No problem. They hand those out at work like candy. I can always come up with a few spares.

Glad to hear it turned out good for you. It's amazing how much goes through your mind in that 2-3 seconds.
    Bernard
    2012 Pheonix 921 - Yamaha 250 SHO

Good to hear a good ending!

I'm lost, was the van coming up behind you or was it going to be a head on? I'm guessing behind you. Glad nothing happen.

It was behind me. The van first then the semi.

Bad deal when you get that helpless feeling.
    Hope ya'll never encounter that again. But. It's a wild world out there on the road these days.

"ain't too smart.....but I'm always thinkin"

That it is!! Just watching it happen all I was thinking about was Getting Gracie out of there but no where to go.

12. Member
    I had my own butt pucker moment last night. Not a semi on my ass. More like a bullet train in it . It was shortly after I decided to try 5 Guys burger joint. Big props to those folks for handily screwing up a burger and fries, which ain't that easy to do. Suppose it's what I get for eating fast food.