Bluetooth Ulterra Issue

My blue tooth remote frequently gets transmission errors from my Minn Kota Ulterra with i-Pilot Link when I request "Go To Waypoint". The error means I can't see the normal list of nearby waypints. Sometimes turning the motor and the remote off and then on again resolves the problem, but sometimes not. The motor and remote are properly paired as I can lower ad raise the motor from the remote, but can't get the list of waypoints.

Any suggestions?
    Last edited by draff55975; 10-20-2018 at 06:24 PM.

2. Banned
    What sonar/mapping unit do you have?
    Does the sonar unit show a good Bluetooth connection to the remote and your smartphone?
    Where is it located? Just wondering if you have a physical blockage of signal?
    Does the remote work well with all other trolling motor controls?
    Does your smartphone app work to control the trolling motor or does it have issues as well?
    Does the remote work well when it is close to the sonar/mapping unit? (Maybe the BT antenna loose?l
    If the remote works well with trolling motor and testing shows nothing changes the results then my guess, it is likely the Bluetooth on sonar unit.
    Should be interesting to see what the cause of the issue is

3. Member
    I have 2 Humminbird Solix Mega SI 12s on the bow and console. Lakemaster chip is in the console unit. Both units are connected to the TM via ethernet. All software is at the latest version. The I-link remote works other TM functions from anywhere on the boat. It's just the go to waypoint function that I'm having problems with.

I wasn't aware that the handheld communicated directly with the Humminbirds

4. Banned
    I wasn't aware that the handheld communicated directly with the Humminbirds

The waypoints are on the Humminbird units as are the routes and tracks.
    Are you Bluetooth linked with the front Humminbird (either one should work especially if the two Humminbird units are linked)?

5. Member
    There is no Bluetooth connection between the remote and the HBs as I use an ethernet network to connect the TM to the HBs.

I spoke to both HB and MK support yesterday. They both thought the problem was with the others products. But I did get some ideas of things to try to isolate the problem

6. Member
    When you are having these issues have to looked to see if the Solix units allow you to command the ulterra, stow and deploy or adjust prop speed etc. ? Maybe a networking issue