Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Member
    If you want hunting clothes come to their Mitchell Store. 1/2 of the store is hunting clothes and gear. IMO at least for my local store they went south a long time before JM took the reigns.
    Dave

2. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd Hendrick View Post
    I was looking to see how much the online whores put back into local communities but I couldn't find the data anywhere.
    I don’t mind shopping local if I can find what I’m looking for. And there lies the problem.

If you like 100 colors of stinko’s you will love the place .. ran in to get a few packs of Berkeley chigger craws in green pumpkin that you would think most places would have .. nope replaced by BPS Branded craws .. not even worth stopping in anymore
    Tacklewarehouse must love it ..more and more $$$ heading to them

Quote Originally Posted by grout-scout View Post
    It does seem like the Grapevine and Katy Bass Pro shops are better than the San Antonio store, figures though since we don’t have any other places to shop. Well we have academy, but even their inventory varies from store to store here.
    I wasnt impressed with the Grapevine BP, was just there last week. Our Cabelas and Bass Pro here had a much bigger clothing section. The fishing department was pretty good sized with a good selection though.
    06 Skeeter 20i Yamaha 250 HPDI
    Visit my Youtube Channel!
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCW6p06navSpOqUn3xotG2vA

Quote Originally Posted by alpine4x4 View Post
    I wasnt impressed with the Grapevine BP, was just there last week. Our Cabelas and Bass Pro here had a much bigger clothing section. The fishing department was pretty good sized with a good selection though.
    Both local BPS locations have great tackle selections here. Grapevine has always had a little more though. Both local Cabelas have had a smaller fishing selection since they have opened.

6. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by TampaJim View Post
    I didn't like seeing the lifetime warranty go away.
    Only used it once, but it gave me confidence they weren't building junk.
    My current tackle backpack came with one.
    Not sure how they plan to treat the warranty, but probably not good.
    However, I'm hopeful it won't be needed.

I was in Eddie Bauer a few weeks ago, a guy comes in to return a jacket that had a small tear in one the seams. Jacket was 15 years old..... I don't think I would've returned it, and that's why lifetime warranties are going bye bye.

7. Member
    I think anytime you lose competition and only a few control a sector it usually turns out bad for the consumer..
    "Historically the most terrible things-war, genocide and slavery-have resulted not from disobedience but from obedience"
    Zinn

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Perry View Post
    Both local BPS locations have great tackle selections here. Grapevine has always had a little more though. Both local Cabelas have had a smaller fishing selection since they have opened.
    We ended up getting a few things that are harder to get back home. Was mostly disappointed with the clothing selection they had. We never ventured to the Cabelas.
    06 Skeeter 20i Yamaha 250 HPDI
    Visit my Youtube Channel!
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCW6p06navSpOqUn3xotG2vA

In OKC BPS has the best selection for hunting and fishing items. Academy has better prices, but they do not have the selection of BPS.

10. Member
    The tackle selection at our Cabela's has gotten much better, since BPS bought them.
    Craig Williams - Zeeland , Mi '​97 Bass Cat Jaguar / Evinrude 225

Wife wanted to stop at the Garland BPS today on way to Fork. We both found more stuff. Also found a lot of Cabelas branded stuff in there.

12. Better Lucky Than Good! Casslaw's Avatar
    I think Cabelas will become smaller BPS regional stores eventually. The BPS in Brandon has a pretty great selection of just about everything.

I have found that I can find just about anything on Amazon and have it in 2 days now, except for smaller local stuff that this site has turned me on to which would never be in BPS anyway.
    2006 Triton SP-185, 2006 Evinrude Etec 90, PowerTech NRS3, Garmin Echomap Plus 73CV & 93SV

Quote Originally Posted by jigman51 View Post
    Just shop Tackle Trap or Tackle Warehouse, don't even have to leave the house.
    AMEN!
    2024 Phoenix 818, Mercury 175 (3B414035) Trick Steps, 3 Garmin 106 SV,s, LVS 34. BoatEFX dual bow mount. Ionic 12V 125AH, 2 12V 100 ah LiTime’s for the TM. Minn Kota 345 PCL charger,

14. Member
    any one know if Cabelas still send out $50 & $100 coupons anymore ? or is that a thing of the past ? I know Dick’s has $20 off a sale of $100 or more coupons ‘ all the time !..

Quote Originally Posted by brnzbaklvr View Post
    I think anytime you lose competition and only a few control a sector it usually turns out bad for the consumer..
    It's past time that the Anti-Trust Division of the Justice Department awoke to this fact, as well.
    "The man of system is apt to be very wise in his own conceit; and is often so enamored with the supposed beauty of his own ideal plan of government that he cannot suffer the smallest deviation from any part of it…He seems to imagine that he can arrange the different members of a great society with as much ease as the hand arranges the different pieces upon a chessboard.” Adam Smith, The Theory of Moral Sentiments

16. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by ECobb91 View Post
    It’s not just the cabelas clothing line but all products that had its name were really good quality. Redhead just doesn’t seem to last as long, I’m not a brand whore by any means but I’d choose a cabelas labels item over BPS even if it’s identical just based on past experience
    How long do Your wipers last now?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Planned_obsolescence

17. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Aries 181 View Post
    As of one minute ago, guide wear rain suits are still listed on their site. https://www.cabelas.com/catalog/brow..._SEQ_104170680

Bill
    Now that they dropped their life time warranty, I won't recommend their rain suits any longer.

Billk

18. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Ranchhand02 View Post
    In OKC BPS has the best selection for hunting and fishing items. Academy has better prices, but they do not have the selection of BPS.
    I got a bigger problem with BPS and Cabelas here in OKC.

We gave BPS a big incentive to locate here about 20 years ago. Then a few years ago, Cabela wanted an incentive of 2 or 3 million to locate here.

I thought it was OK, we needed the competition.

But what now ? I think OKC needs a refund.

Quote Originally Posted by Tabassco View Post
    I got a bigger problem with BPS and Cabelas here in OKC.

We gave BPS a big incentive to locate here about 20 years ago. Then a few years ago, Cabela wanted an incentive of 2 or 3 million to locate here.

I thought it was OK, we needed the competition.

But what now ? I think OKC needs a refund.
    You're dreaming if you think that OKC will get a refund. Both store still open for business and doing what they do. There is no breach there.

20. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Perry View Post
    You're dreaming if you think that OKC will get a refund. Both store still open for business and doing what they do. There is no breach there.
    Wait a minute ............. we gave an incentive for ONE BPS , not two. I've got my doubts about how long the Cabelas store will be open. Surely, the City wrote some provisions into the contract.

Either way, I would take em to court and find out.

I'm not dreaming.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast