Help need Advice

Hello everyone,
    I would appreciate some advice. I have been working on my boat, its a 2000 TR 186 with a Mercury 150 EFI. I have done done several upgrades including new Fortrex 80 lb trolling motor, new recessed tray for the foot pedal, new rod straps on the deck, and some other things as well. My big project was emptying my gas tank. My oil pump went out and had to start mixing my gas and I screwed up and got the mix wrong apparently. So i wanted to start from scratch with a clean tank and a proper mix. As always time has gotten away from me and I am not as fast getting things done I as want to. So here is my question. Now that the tank is empty and clean, should i leave it empty for the winter or just go ahead and fill the tank and add some Stabil to it? Not sure which is the better way to go or if it really makes a difference. Thanks in advance to any input it is much appreciated. Tight lines everyone.

I would just leave it empty.

3. Member
    Yep leave it.

4. Member
    Empty

Thanks for the input.

6. Member
    Hmm. Empty allows the formation of condensation in the tank.

7. Member
    No, bass boats are equiped with plastic tanks. They don't form condensation like metal tanks.

Keep it empty. Gas drops in octane when it sits for long periods. I keep less than 1/4 tank of treated fuel in during storage so I can fill the tank next spring with fresh gas.

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Lightningboy View Post
    No, bass boats are equiped with plastic tanks. They don't form condensation like metal tanks.

Keep it empty. Gas drops in octane when it sits for long periods. I keep less than 1/4 tank of treated fuel in during storage so I can fill the tank next spring with fresh gas.
    \

Right it seems they "sweat' less.