Thread: New to lowrance

New to lowrance

Just ordered a new 21 PHX. I got 2 12" carbon and 2 hds live. What is the best chip for all of Michigan?

Congrats on the bird! Can't help you on the lowrance but I recently bought the same boat and love it so far. PM me if you have any questions.
    2019 Phoenix 21PHX / 250 Mercury Pro XS 4 Stroke

3. Member
    Thank you.i sold my 721 for a bc jaguar but wasn't a fan. Looking forward to get back into a phoenix

4. Member
    49 views and no one can help.

5. Member
    I have navionics + and use the cmap free version also. For the most part navionics + is good. Some smaller lakes don't match up though.

6. Member
    Thank you very much

I just purchased 2 new Navionics Hot Maps Plus for the east. The Michagan mapping is really good. Used it last weekend.

8. Member
    Thank you

9. Member
    My thoughts are but both a Navionics and Lowrance C-Map. If you’re spending that kind of money for a new rig, Both have their pluses and minuses. If I were to get just one, it would be the C-Map simply because it has free map updates/downloads for life (or until they change their format or service). The Navionics Plus requires an annual subscription fee after your first year. I have been on lakes where one is much better than the other.

If you don’t want to spend the money, find an older Lowrance Insight chip from a couple years back and you can do the downloads for mapping all the same. The CMap definitely has more options, overlays, etc but at least you could upload your sonar logs and download social updates.

navionics is about the only option for lowrance. hoping to go back to lowrance over the winter also. 5 months with humminbird was 4.5 months too long.

11. Member
    Thank you. I agree why get cheap at this point when you drop that kind of bread on units

12. Member
    Thedude: Lowrance has their own social mapping called C-Map. It used to be “Lowrance Insight”. It’s pretty good in my opinion. Like Navionics, it allows for sonar logs to be uploaded and new mapping to be created. If you pay for their service, you’ll be able to keep your logs private along with other features like bottom composition and vegetarian details. If you don’t want to pay for the service, they are added to their social mapping and available for everyone to download. You can log into both Nav+ and Lowrance to see the most current mapping of lakes if interested in checking them out before you purchase.

13. Member
    Nice