Question New Mercury Owner

Good Morning. I am in the process of re-powering my boat with a new 200 ProXS, serial #2B535153. I have a 2004 Stratos 195 ProXL. The dealer is telling me I have to use all new digital gauges. I wanted to install new analog gauges and add a smartcraft gauge to the dash for motor info. A smartcraft gauge and new digital gauges will be expensive. Is there a way to do what I want to do?
    Any help will be greatly appreciated. Changing from Evinrude to Mercury.

Thanks

2. Member
    I'm pretty sure that the only gauge that won't work is the trim. They're backwards from each other. The tach setting will have to be changed to I believe 4P. Hope this helps and that someone else chimes in. Water Pressure will need a tee to make it work if you do the smart gauge. Good Luck!

3. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Good idea to checkout the 3L Forum (which matches your engine). Lots of good info for you in the FAQ Section.

See Rhonda's Post (pinned at the top of that forum)- if you drop her an email, she can assist you with your Instrumentation needs.

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor