Question Xi5 Foot Pedal issue

In the last couple of weeks, the pedal for my XI5 is flaking out. I've had this motor for 3 years and never had this issue before.
    If I hit the constant on button, the next time I use the momentary button, the thrust is automatically is maxed out even though I haven't adjusted the speed dial. Adjusting the speed dial does nothing.
    I've changed the batteries multiple times in the pedal multiple times, unplugged the motor and re-synced the pedal and it helps for awhile but keeps coming back. The hand remote responds fine.

Anyone got any ideas? I don't want to, but maybe a new pedal is needed?

2. Member
    Bad foot pedal. Not repairable. I think they are $199.

Kinda what I was thinking, there goes $200

Motorguide has a pile of returned ones due to the pedal draining the AA batteries. Get them to send you one, and install a switch on the battery circuit. Problem solved.

It’s interesting that some people have problems with their pedals but it’s not always the same problem. For instance, I have never experienced the OP’s problem but have experienced two other problems. The first was the dreaded battery issue. I was burning through AA s left and right until I put in a battery cut off switch. The second isn’t major but annoying. My pedal on/off switch doesn’t work when coming out of anchor mode. If I move the speed control forward and back slightly then the switch will work. Heel to toe direction control works but not on and off.
    The good news is that after a season of having the Xi5 I am getting a little better with the pedal but I keep over steering. It’s a system that could be improved upon.

6. Member
    You can have mine for $120....I never use it.

Quote Originally Posted by ksnouf View Post
    You can have mine for $120....I never use it.
    Thanks for the offer, but I"ve got some BPS rewards to use on a new one.

Quote Originally Posted by edwonbass View Post
    It’s interesting that some people have problems with their pedals but it’s not always the same problem. For instance, I have never experienced the OP’s problem but have experienced two other problems. The first was the dreaded battery issue. I was burning through AA s left and right until I put in a battery cut off switch. The second isn’t major but annoying. My pedal on/off switch doesn’t work when coming out of anchor mode. If I move the speed control forward and back slightly then the switch will work. Heel to toe direction control works but not on and off.
    The good news is that after a season of having the Xi5 I am getting a little better with the pedal but I keep over steering. It’s a system that could be improved upon.
    It’s a safety item, I did ask MG factory, it is a safety. Makes you make sure of speed setting. It’s at first aggravating but now I just hit Anchor to go back to momentary and just bump speed control. I mostly run on 4/5 speed. I had a guy Saturday that has traditional Tm. He was impressed with the trolling motor. He liked it better than mg because of it working with lowrance.
    He ran it many times and said it was tricky but once I told him to bump pedal direction he got it down pat. I did the mods, thanks Bloodman, the switch mod and the spring/washer mod.its now to me perfect. I think it could be improved too, but for now. I’m happy. Still happy
    Last edited by 2500; 10-28-2018 at 07:26 PM.
    JEFF MURRAY USMC
    RANGER Z521C & 15 VERADO PRO 250
    DEEP CREEK LURES and ROSE JIGS
    GREENFISH TACKLE and ALX RODS

9. Member
    I had a guy Saturday that has traditional Tm. He was impressed with the trolling motor. He liked it better than mg because of it working with lowrance.
    He ran it many times and said it was tricky but once I told him to bump pedal direction he got it down pat.

Does your buddy want to buy a used Xi5? It has the link to Lowrance and a brand new pedal. I'm a dock/marina fisherman so the pedal didn't work for me

Quote Originally Posted by FishinDad View Post
    I had a guy Saturday that has traditional Tm. He was impressed with the trolling motor. He liked it better than mg because of it working with lowrance.
    He ran it many times and said it was tricky but once I told him to bump pedal direction he got it down pat.

Does your buddy want to buy a used Xi5? It has the link to Lowrance and a brand new pedal. I'm a dock/marina fisherman so the pedal didn't work for me
    He’s ordering a new boat and now debating ultrex on HM birds, or lowrance and the Xi5. However MG does have a new motor coming, gator mount with the Xi5 power head on it. With a connected foot pedal. Due 2019 2nd quarter.
    JEFF MURRAY USMC
    RANGER Z521C & 15 VERADO PRO 250
    DEEP CREEK LURES and ROSE JIGS
    GREENFISH TACKLE and ALX RODS

11. Member
    Not sure if these are the same but here"s what I do and I have not had problems:

Dead battery - I turn my foot petal off everytime I trailer the boat by pressing and holding the anchor lock (two beeps). Turn it on the same way (one beep). I go all season without changing the battery.

Turning off anchor mode - Option 1: I tap the anchor button then tap the constant motor button. Option 2: I tap anchor button then push the manual button on remote.
    2016 Ranger 518 / 2016 150 Mercury Pro XS / Lowrance HDS Carbon,Gen3 with 3dss / Lowrance Ghost

You Tube Channel "Reel Diel Outdoors": https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOe...hjaKzKxvxn42Q?