Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

BFL on Kentucky Lake out Paris

Just saw the numbers from yesterday's BFL on Kentucky Lake out of Paris............a couple of observations and one question:

(1) 160+ boats and only 3 limits on the angler side w/ 1 limit on the co-angler side. That's tough............

(2) I think I saw that it only took 9 lbs to be in the top 15 going into the second day.

(3) In scanning the list I think I only saw one guy from KY actually fishing this tourney on the angler side. Is there a reason there aren't more guys from KY fishing it? Just curious

Not a lot to get excited about for next weekend when I will be down there.
    Last edited by kyfisherman1; 10-19-2018 at 10:38 AM.

2. Banned
    This is a regional so unless they traveled to a different division to qualify they wouldn't be fishing it.

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TR21Bassin View Post
    This is a regional so unless they traveled to a different division to qualify they wouldn't be fishing it.
    Gotcha...........that explains the lack of KY GUYS/GALS in the tourney. Thanks for that info

4. Ranger Boats Moderator 22RangerZ520R's Avatar
    I'll never fish KY Lake again the rest of my life.....

Once they ruin the rest of the TN river system, I'll have to find some new honey holes...

2022 Ranger Z520R | 2022 Platinum F250
    Apex 19 | (2) Apex 16's | Mega 360 | Mega Live

5. Member
    I thought it was out of Moors.

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by GM482V View Post
    I thought it was out of Moors.
    Pretty sure I read Paris Landing

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 18RangerZ520L View Post

Once they ruin the rest of the TN river system, I'll have to find some new honey holes...

Start fishing the Ohio River for a while and Kentucky Lake won’t seem so bad.

8. Ranger Boats Moderator 22RangerZ520R's Avatar

That's another "no thanks"....

I'd rather fish out of my toilet...

Quote Originally Posted by Ky-triton View Post
    Start fishing the Ohio River for a while and Kentucky Lake won’t seem so bad.
    Last edited by 22RangerZ520R; 10-19-2018 at 05:15 PM.

2022 Ranger Z520R | 2022 Platinum F250
    Apex 19 | (2) Apex 16's | Mega 360 | Mega Live

9. Member
    Thank God they are pulling Nolin and Rough to winter pool.

10. Member
    It was out of Moors. The majority likely did end up near Paris if early in the week was any indication. The north end was a ghost town.

11. Member
    There were no limits today and only 3 boaters brought in 4. Barely any co-anglers weighed in more than 1 fish and the boaters didn't do much better. Sad days ahead for KY Lake

I practiced from the dam to Blood River and maybe saw 10 bassboats in 4 days. I fished the tournament on Barkley and had it to myself except for a couple of catfishermen. As bad as the fishing is, i don't think it matters much where you go.
    Steve Sendelweck
    Phoenix 920/Mercury 250 ProXS

13. Member
    I was there Monday Tuesday and Wednesday just fun fishing. We fished mid Barkley and all over on Kentucky but the only boat traffic we saw was around Paris. I don't think we saw 3 other boats Monday and probably 5-7 Tuesday. I hate it for all the small businesses down there but there is no reason for people like me to drive 3.5-4 hours when the other lakes in Kentucky are now superior.

14. Member
    It was out of Moore's and it took 14 pounds to make the cut for 12th place today, Lloyd Pritchet has a 6 pound lead going into today. Only three limits the first day on the Pro side, Brent Anderson who usually wins did not make the cut today.

15. Member
    I fished today and did not have a bite by a bass.

Quote Originally Posted by RangerRodney View Post
    I fished today and did not have a bite by a bass.

17. Member
    We were out there yesterday out of Ken Lake. It was wave after wave of boats in the tourney running south passing us as we headed south. Couple of them passed within 10 ft of us or less doing 70 mph..saw one almost flip his boat just after he passed us. The boats that came so close to us had no excuse for doing so as other than having their head us their ass.....we were hugging the ride side of the river channel and when they passed us on the left there was not one boat to their left. Most of the folks that past us up gave us a wide berth. One of those times when I wish I had a .50 cal mounted on my boat to thin out the gene pool.

The bite was tough yesterday for sure as far as keepers went. Once we got on the right pattern we caught fish but they were only 12-14 inches and healthy. We left one spot where my client was catching one on every cast just to try to find some bigger fish. What I have experienced lately on keeper plus sized fish is that it is either feast or famine. Have had a few days of catching some really nice fish and more days when we can only get short fish. Haven't had any days we can't catch some fish. These cold fronts coming through every 24-48 hours is not helping matters. Definitely a lack of those 1.5 to 3.5 lb fish...not any lack of short fish. No doubt this is due to some weak recruitment years in the spawns of the past few years. Lots of threadfin this year as opposed to lack of them over the past couple of years. It is what it is and you just deal with it. From the numbers of short fish we have caught this year I would say the future is bright but it is going to take some time for those fish to get bigger. I can honestly say that we have caught more short fish this season that we have the past couple of seasons combined. Anyway that is my take on the situation.

Quote Originally Posted by 18RangerZ520L View Post

We won't miss ya

I heard a 28lb sack was caught at the Carl Perkins TX.

20. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Champ891 View Post
    We won't miss ya

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast