Need some advise

I have an older detwiler hydro jack plate on my boat and it seems that the pump has died the plate has an external pump that mounts in my bilge. From what I can see the pump is an older volvo trim pump. Now my question for you guys is do you think I could just get another trim pump been looking around and you can get a mercury trim pump with reservoir for a couple hundred dollars seems like it would be easy enough to just mount and wire a new pump with the reservoir. Not worried about it lifting the engine fast just want it to be able to move the dang thing.
    was thinking about something along these lines.
    https://www.dbelectrical.com/product...hoCej8QAvD_BwE

Look for a local auto electric shop. Had a Merc trim pump rebuilt and it worked like new and a lot cheaper.

3. Member
    well tried a few local shops and no luck so I im in the same boat any ideas on a new pump

4. Member
    Is it the pump that has died or the motor. If motor, have you tried jumping around the solenoids/relays
    BBC Sponsor since 2006: (870) 773-3474
    Mon - Thrs 8am - 5pm Central
    Friday 8am-12pm
    Garmin Certified Dealer and Installers: Call us for all your Garmin Electronics needs!
    ASC for: Garmin, Lowrance, Minnkota, Humminbird, and Powerpole.
    [SIGPIC] http://www.jonestrollingmotor.com
    [/SIGPIC]

5. Member
    the motor died and Yes I tried jumping around the solenoids and such with a power probe it doesn't even try to do anything. the pump portion has been leaking a little for a wile now so I just want to replace it all together but not sure where to look. Would rather try to get away with out spending a ton of cash to do this. thankfully the plate is sitting where the boat likes the engine but still would like to replace it its nice to drop the engine when its rough.