Thread: BASS Home Page

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

BASS Home Page

Would would ever have thought that 3 months ago, we would have seen the home page look like this? Kinda reminds me of replacement players in the NFL.

Attached Images Attached Images

There was a big Phoenix boat ad up at the top yesterday but I wasn't sure if that was there before Clouse jumped over or not.

3. Member
    Going to be a fun year for Seth!

I’m rooting for Joe Dirt

5. Member
    Great story.

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by basscatcher89 View Post
    There was a big Phoenix boat ad up at the top yesterday but I wasn't sure if that was there before Clouse jumped over or not.
    Yes it’s been there awhile if I’ve been to Phoenix website recently. Cookies pull it up

Don't recognize hardly any of those names lol

Wishin' I was fishin'...

1990 Ranger 374v
    1996 175 HP Mariner - Magnum EFI
    25p Tempest - A45 model
    80 lb 24v MinnKota Maxxum
    Humminbird Helix 10
    Humminbird Helix 7
    Garmin EchoMap 106sv w/ LS
    Dual 8' Power Poles

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JerryT View Post
    I’m rooting for Joe Dirt
    Uhhh, it's pronounced Joe "Deer-tay".

Yeah Seth is the biggest personality they have for sure

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Hez View Post
    Don't recognize hardly any of those names lol
    Check out the rest of the "Elite" roster....I follow BASS events, and about 1/3 of the roster I've never really heard of.

It's weird, having guys basically introducing themselves in columns. Bernie Schultz had a column introducing himself, he's one of the journeymen who's been around forever but basically stays middle-bottom of the pack.

They even drug out Bill Dance a week or so ago to pen a column about fishing in Tennessee.

Im still wondering how unhappy the 2019 event host towns are for forking out money expecting promotion from KVD and Hackney...and instead getting Charlie Hartley, Charlie Ingraham, Charlie Moore, or whoever else they decide to crown as "Elite"

Wouldn't surprise me if some of these host towns ask for some money back.

11. Member
    Not sure what your skill level is, but I can guarantee you anyone that is fishing the Elite series next year is no "replacement" like the NFL players "scrubs" during the strike.

That is such a disrespectful things to say. Have some respect for the guys that are out there doing it.

BASS got gutted for big names/talent wise, but everyone that left wasn't a house hold name at onetime.

Every year the Elites have people coming and going, this year it's just going to be a lot more.

Things have changed, it's not the first time, and it won't be the last.

Quote Originally Posted by printman71 View Post
    Would would ever have thought that 3 months ago, we would have seen the home page look like this? Kinda reminds me of replacement players in the NFL.
    Last edited by KyleK; 10-19-2018 at 04:48 PM.

12. Member
    I was not discussing my skill level, which is indeed low, but merely pointing out that the Elites next year will be a lot of unknown guys, like the NFL used during the strike.

13. Member
    I saw today where a guide from lake fork i believe accepted an offer to fish the elites, Lee Livesay. He said he got the invite through the opens but i noticed he wasnt even in the open championship. Im sure theyre all good fisherman, just seems the elites are having to go way down the list to fill the field. My initial thought when this all went down was that the elites would be fine, now im not so sure. As these guys in the elites now become the top dogs, will they get cherry picked every year to join the bpt
    They aint got hands, set the hook

14. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by KyleK View Post
    Not sure what your skill level is, but I can guarantee you anyone that is fishing the Elite series next year is no "replacement" like the NFL players "scrubs" during the strike.

That is such a disrespectful things to say. Have some respect for the guys that are out there doing it.

BASS got gutted for big names/talent wise, but everyone that left wasn't a house hold name at onetime.

Every year the Elites have people coming and going, this year it's just going to be a lot more.

Things have changed, it's not the first time, and it won't be the last.

I like it, bring in some new guys.

15. Member
    Stetson Blaylock is one super fisherman and one heck of a nice guy. I fished a Everstart with him back when he was 15 years old, I told all the guys at FLW that this kid was going to make a name for his self. His grandmother drove him all over the country so he could fish. He has won one FLW tournament and placed in the top 10 in several.

Just watch and see some of these "no names" light up the scales with a drive and a fire that isn't in some of the veteran players.

Imagine a regular season hockey game... slow, steady and skilled for sure, watch playoff hockey and wow! There is a difference and from what I have seen, read, watched and heard there are many veterans who were coasting along without a fire under there arse! I try harder than some for a 70$ entry fee with 15 boats.
    Mercury 250 proxs 2B115089

Quote Originally Posted by Fishin is life View Post
    I saw today where a guide from lake fork i believe accepted an offer to fish the elites, Lee Livesay. He said he got the invite through the opens but i noticed he wasnt even in the open championship. Im sure theyre all good fisherman, just seems the elites are having to go way down the list to fill the field. My initial thought when this all went down was that the elites would be fine, now im not so sure. As these guys in the elites now become the top dogs, will they get cherry picked every year to join the bpt

We fished against Lee and his partner this past weekend. They finished ahead of us. I see him around Fork. Seems like a heck of a fisherman. Never have heard a negative word about him. Dont know him well but happy for him.

18. Member
    If they ask the top 15 from each open division that doesnt exactly seem like going way down the list. Atleast they're respecting their feeder system that guys paid big bucks and traveled all over to fish last year. A top 15 in the opens was no cakewalk this year. Mix them in with some flw invites and it will be a good field

19. Member
    To me, beats watching dink fest all day. I could be wrong and MLF (not tracking) has changed their format, however, MLF grew old on me real quick. If I wanted to watch 1 pounders being caught I would film myself.

20. Banned
    why did MLF get such a big field? I think they were just trying to stick it to BASS the more i think about it.

When they first announced MLF a few years ago I always saw it as the cream of the crop...best of the best. then when i heard about the BPT, i figured it would be a smaller field of the best based on results and popularity. Kinda figured a smaller field so they could cover each angler more thoroughly. Then they make the field 80 anglers...im sure all 80 are sticks....but 80 guys just doesnt scream best of the best to me.....I mean the classic only qualifies 50 or so guys.

Im more of a casual fan, and not a hardcore follower of the tourney trail at all....i gravitate toward the big names and follow more closely when when they are doing good. So following and getting to know 80 guys is not happening. I will give MLF that I at least somewhat recognize most of the names. And I know there was a big fuss about how they picked or how to qualify....well theres some guys in the BPT that I dont think they should be there not only because of results...but because theyre not well known to the casual fans.

Just my .02 and it does seem like there were bad intentions creating such a big field, knowing full well they were poaching mostly BASS talent. business is business tho I guess. Im starting to sympathize more and more with BASS as this goes on...especially since it seems like they are trying so hard just to fill their own roster. Top 30/40 guys in BPT wouldve been great to me....and prolly just as successful and sparing BASS the brunt of the damage they been dealing with.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast