Thread: Line x fenders

Line x fenders

Anyone ever line x their fenders on their trailer? The gel is cracking on mine pretty bad and some rock chips. Also think this would make them stronger in case of a blow out.

2. Member
    Never seen it, but it sounds like a good idea to me.

3. Member
    i bought my 98 488VS this summer and the trailer fender clear coat is not looking good. Talk to a couple of auto body shops around here to see if they could repaint, etc, but they looked at me like I had a 3rd eye in my forehead. Hadn't considered just spraying some linex in a comparable color on it....
    Douglas Fowler
    1998 Ranger 488VS, 200 Mariner EFI
    1999 Honda ST1300A

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ruggedwebmaster View Post
    i bought my 98 488VS this summer and the trailer fender clear coat is not looking good. Talk to a couple of auto body shops around here to see if they could repaint, etc, but they looked at me like I had a 3rd eye in my forehead. Hadn't considered just spraying some linex in a comparable color on it....
    They apparently don't work on Corvettes

Mine are Rhino Lined. Tough as hell. Would I do it again? I don't think I would. I would do the Line X though.

6. Member
    My brother did the Line x and they look great! He had the same issues as me oxidation had them buffed out but in time started looking bad again so he did Line x and it really looks like factory issue! I'm going to do the same as him and it wasn't that expensive!

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard Perez View Post
    My brother did the Line x and they look great! He had the same issues as me oxidation had them buffed out but in time started looking bad again so he did Line x and it really looks like factory issue! I'm going to do the same as him and it wasn't that expensive!
    Any idea how much it cost? I might do my Z20.

8. Member
    The cost was around 500.00

9. mikesxpress
    Those pretty glass fenders all start cracking eventually. Once mine gets to the point of ugly they are getting replaced with aluminum diamond plate and some step places you can actually use.

10. Member
    It’s sad to say but my top cap is cracking just like my fender. Mine is a 05 521 vx. Boat stays inside when not in use gets waxed couple time a year. This is making me sick