Banned

Vessel View Mobile Data Reading Wrong

75 4-stroke 2b490902

Vessel view mobile. Data will not display anything fuel related. No big deal there, but shows oil temp at -6F when it's 80F outside. I have disconnected unit and even disconnected the battery and still -6F. The -6F does not change with engine running for any length of time.

Ideas?

2. Member
    I'm wondering if your motor has an oil temperature sensor.

3. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Lowerider58 View Post
    I'm wondering if your motor has an oil temperature sensor.
    That I don't know. Maybe not. Usually when there's a selection that doesn't apply, there's a line in place of numbers.

4. Banned
    -6 sounds like a default if there’s no sensor available. If you were getting an alarm, then I’d investigate.

What fuel related parameters are you looking for?

5. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by davidwademarine View Post
    -6 sounds like a default if there’s no sensor available. If you were getting an alarm, then I’d investigate.

What fuel related parameters are you looking for?
    They just pop on the screen and I noticed there was nothing for fuel remaining or gph. Says 0

6. Member
    I have the same -6 reading on my 2015 150 four stroke. Assuming I need a temp sensor but have been unable to find any info on them. 2B205378.

7. Member
    I have a 2017 115 Pro XS with VesselView Mobile.
    I can input fuel info when I fill up if remember although I don't use that feature very much.
    I clearly get the following useful data:
    Hours
    RPM
    Speed (gps)
    Engine Temperature(not oil)
    Faults

I don't have a water pressure sensor installed.
    I can log all my maintenance and it keeps a running checklist of all recommended maintenance and the number of hours before the next scheduled service is due. A very nice feature.

Faults: The only fault I have recorded was associated with the Kill Switch tripping. I don't know if it registered when I tripped it or if it registered the fault when I tried to start the engine with the switch tripped.
    Joe B

2017 Tracker PT 190 TX
    2017 Mercury 115 Pro XS
    Mercury Spitfire X7 19” prop
    51 mph @ 6240 rpms (RPMs from Vessel View Mobile) : full fuel tank and fishing load by myself
    4.2 second Hole Shot (measured using Vessel View Mobile)
    Engine mounted in 3rd hole
    Minn Kota Ulterra-Link w/built in MDI 80 lb thrust 60” shaft
    Humminbird Helix 12si Gen1 chirp on console
    Humminbird Helix 15si Gen4 cho on bow
    Humminbird Mega360

Dotline two step transom boarding ladder
    Tracker trailer bow boarding step

8. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    "Engine is not equipped with these features."

There are no parameters from sensors for those items on this engine model. Normally would not have activated (is it possible someone turned them on in the phone)?

Fuel level requires installation of a Fuel Level Harness (and disconnection of any analog gauge from the sender).

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor

9. Member
    I was on the water today and took the time to look at my VVMobile readings closely. I had never seen Oil Temperature on my screen but discovered there is a menu where you can select exactly which readings are visible. I activated Oil Temp and BANG there it was on my screen reading -6deg (I think). I deactivated the selection and it disappeared.
    I filled up my boat and set the FUEL levels to 21 Gallons, reset the old fuel computations and it appeared to be computing Fuel usage. How accurate it is I have no idea.
    Joe B

2017 Tracker PT 190 TX
    2017 Mercury 115 Pro XS
    51 mph @ 6240 rpms (RPMs from Vessel View Mobile) : full fuel tank and fishing load by myself
    Humminbird Mega360

10. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by joe3buck3 View Post
    I was on the water today and took the time to look at my VVMobile readings closely. I had never seen Oil Temperature on my screen but discovered there is a menu where you can select exactly which readings are visible. I activated Oil Temp and BANG there it was on my screen reading -6deg (I think). I deactivated the selection and it disappeared.
    I filled up my boat and set the FUEL levels to 21 Gallons, reset the old fuel computations and it appeared to be computing Fuel usage. How accurate it is I have no idea.
    I'll deselect it next time out.

11. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Fuel USED computations are extremely accurate (to within a 2% margin of error, usually). Comes from the same data the PCM uses to send fuel through the injectors (at the correct rate).

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor

12. Member
    Thank you for the Fuel USED info Don. I appreciate it.
    Joe B

2017 Tracker PT 190 TX
    2017 Mercury 115 Pro XS
    Humminbird Mega360