Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Best Place in the world to live and work

My view leaving the office yesterday !

Attached Images Attached Images

2. Member
    Do you have one in the morning with the sun rising ? That way you can say I work sun up to sun down

3. Member
    Is that Lee mountain?

4. Moderator Vexus Boats sclark's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by happykamper View Post
    Do you have one in the morning with the sun rising ? That way you can say I work sun up to sun down
    Attached Images Attached Images

5. Moderator Vexus Boats sclark's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffie View Post
    Is that Lee mountain?
    Yes it is !

6. Member
    That’s a beautiful place BUT San Diego Ca. Is my choice because it is pretty hard to beat.

Vexus looking for any semi-retired old IT guys?

Quote Originally Posted by Desertdog619 View Post
    That’s a beautiful place BUT San Diego Ca. Is my choice because it is pretty hard to beat.
    Yuk Yuk Yuk… SAn Diego is the armpit of America. Lived there for 16 years and the smartest thing I ever did in my life was leave,you must be a dedicated democrat to think that place is worth a shit.

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BuzzBait53 View Post
    Yuk Yuk Yuk… SAn Diego is the armpit of America. Lived there for 16 years and the smartest thing I ever did in my life was leave,you must be a dedicated democrat to think that place is worth a shit.
    Why assume he's a democrat??? Maybe he likes where he lives! You must be a dick because you made a dick statement!

10. Member
    Buzz bait, sorry bud your 100% incorrect. Full on Conservative. You must not have been very aware of your state when you lived here. This states politics sucks because it’s controlled by The libs in LA, SF & Sacramento. Just like the rest of this country, most people are conservative if they don’t live in the major metro areas. I was born and raised here and like you, I think this state is lost in terms of its political thinking. However, you should not assume everyone that lives here is a wacko liberal. I would agree this is a young person’s state because the pace of life is very fast and you have so many choices of things to do. So people are always on the go. Outside of the state’s liberal politics, California is a beautiful place to live. Southern Cal May have the best weather on the planet.

11. Member
    As a follow up, it’s kind of funny that people outside of Ca. think everyone here is a liberal. I coordinate 2 bass tournaments each year with my clients from work. The group of 34-38 travels to lakes to fish. Normally we go to El Salto in Mexico but last year we went to Lake Fork in Texas. Texas is a Republican state, when our guides heard a bunch from Ca was coming to fish they were all worried they would be spending the long days in the boat with liberals. Lol. They were all pleasantly surprised that NOT even 1 of our fishermen were a liberal. We laughed and joked about it for 3 1/2 days. Making the assumption that everyone in Ca. is a liberal is like assuming everyone in the rural areas dates and marries their sister or cousin. It’s just not true.
    Last edited by Desertdog619; 10-20-2018 at 10:05 AM.

12. Moderator Vexus Boats sclark's Avatar
    Okay boys, Point / Counterpoint.
    no more please !

"Success is never owned, it is rented, and the rent is due every day."

Buzz bait, sorry bud your 100% incorrect. Full on Conservative. You must not have been very aware of your state when you lived here. This states politics sucks because it’s controlled by The libs in LA, SF & Sacramento. Just like the rest of this country, most people are conservative if they don’t live in the major metro areas. I was born and raised here and like you, I think this state is lost in terms of its political thinking. However, you should not assume everyone that lives here is a wacko liberal. I would agree this is a young person’s state because the pace of life is very fast and you have so many choices of things to do. So people are always on the go. Outside of the state’s liberal politics, California is a beautiful place to live. Southern Cal May have the best weather on the planet.
    To you sir I do apologize...I really do miss the weather, it is the best in the world,yes I did know some great people there.Whenever that state comes up it does leave a sour taste in my mouth but my life there was my fault cant take it out on everyone else.Gotta admit though that place is different.

14. Banned
    I've got Pickwick Lake 6 miles to the west and Wheeler Lake 10 miles to the east. Wilson Lake is in my front yard.
    Two Robert Trent Jones golf courses are on my street, and another RTJ course a mile across the lake.
    We're doing all right too.

Quote Originally Posted by Bamaman View Post
    I've got Pickwick Lake 6 miles to the west and Wheeler Lake 10 miles to the east. Wilson Lake is in my front yard.
    Two Robert Trent Jones golf courses are on my street, and another RTJ course a mile across the lake.
    We're doing all right too.
    Great info. I'm still looking for the perfect place to retire and you just added one more place to check out to my list

16. Member
    So many people tie politics into climate and scenery. San Diego has the absolute best climate imo than anywhere else in the states. But as far as politics go stear way way clear of cali.

Smith Mountain Lake, VA and a cottage in Ontario
    There is a reason the 40+ million people live in California and the weather is a big part of it. The Mediterranean type climate is hard to beat, although the lack of rain can be problematic.
    2018 Ranger RT188 SC Black/115 hp Yamaha SHO 4-stroke; Garmin LVS34 - north
    2018 Ranger RT188 DC Black/115 hp Merc Pro XS 4-stroke; Garmin LVS34 - south
    14' Mirrorcraft tin boat (ancient) with a 9.9 Mercury 4-stroke, no electronics; catches fish anyway

18. Member
    Can agree with Desertdog on that. Out of all the places I've been to and lived at (OR, WS, NV, FL, NY, MS, MI, TX) I'd have to say California, especially San Diego, is probably the best place to live in (if you can afford it). Best weather and so much to do out there. And no, not everyone is a liberal in CA lol.

19. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Havoc7 View Post
    Can agree with Desertdog on that. Out of all the places I've been to and lived at (OR, WS, NV, FL, NY, MS, MI, TX) I'd have to say California, especially San Diego, is probably the best place to live in (if you can afford it). Best weather and so much to do out there. And no, not everyone is a liberal in CA lol.
    yes it’s expensive here but it’s all relative. Once your used to, you build your life. The best thing about it being expensive, when it’s time to retire I can go anywhere and live good because everywhere is cheaper. I bought my house 10 yrs ago about 35 blocks from the beach for $235k. Yes it was a 50 yr beater but today I already have 300k in equity. When it’s time to retire in 10 yrs I could move almost anywhere and pay cash for a house.

20. Member
    yes it’s expensive here but it’s all relative. Once your used to, you build your life. The best thing about it being expensive, when it’s time to retire I can go anywhere and live good because everywhere is cheaper. I bought my house 10 yrs ago about 35 blocks from the beach for $235k. Yes it was a 50 yr beater but today I already have 300k in equity. When it’s time to retire in 10 yrs I could move almost anywhere and pay cash for a house.
    I'm right there with you. I live in the Bay Area and bought a brand new house 3 years ago for $600k (already made $100k in equity). By the time I retire, It'll probably go for well over $1M or more (SF Bay Area prices are ridiculous) and will definitely be able to put all cash down on another house if I decide to leave. And if Vexus is still around by then, I'd probably be able to buy their top-of-the-line bass boat with all the goodies included.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast