Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Member
    I don't care what state you're in...when you can catch bass at work, life is good! (I work at a golf course)

2. Member
    I kinda like where I live. I have Havasu, Mohave and Mead within an hour of my front door.

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Basser100 View Post
    I kinda like where I live. I have Havasu, Mohave and Mead within an hour of my front door.
    That’s a good spot. How hot does it get in the summer? Good place to retire? Cost wise? Overall good weather with seasonal changes?

4. bayousmallie
    O.K guys, don't forget about southeast Louisiana or anywhere south of interstate 10.
    a little rainy sometimes but the fishing is great. For salt water and fresh water.

I’m headed back to San Deggo in February. I need to smell the diesel and fish at Fisherman’s landing. Then hit Johns fish market in Dana point for the best Fish Tacos ever. I retired and moved out of So Cal in 2009. I now live in an outdoorsman paradise in Southen Utah.
    2024 Phoenix 818, Mercury 175 (3B414035) Trick Steps, 3 Garmin 106 SV,s, LVS 34. BoatEFX dual bow mount. Ionic 12V 125AH, 2 12V 100 ah LiTime’s for the TM. Minn Kota 345 PCL charger,

6. Member
    Not super bad in Kingman it will run 10 to 15 cooler than the river cities. Cost is not bad at all alot of california is selling and buying here.

7. Moderator Vexus Boats sclark's Avatar
    Attached Images Attached Images

Smith Mountain Lake, VA and a cottage in Ontario
    I can open the sliding glass door from my bedroom and listen to the stripers slurping herring before sunrise this time of year. And in the summer I can hear the loons outside my cabin. I am spoiled and consider myself incredibly fortunate to have a wife that likes living by the water as much as i do. Even if she doesn't care to fish.
    2018 Ranger RT188 SC Black/115 hp Yamaha SHO 4-stroke; Garmin LVS34 - north
    2018 Ranger RT188 DC Black/115 hp Merc Pro XS 4-stroke; Garmin LVS34 - south
    14' Mirrorcraft tin boat (ancient) with a 9.9 Mercury 4-stroke, no electronics; catches fish anyway

9. Moderator Vexus Boats sclark's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tcesni View Post
    I can open the sliding glass door from my bedroom and listen to the stripers slurping herring before sunrise this time of year. And in the summer I can hear the loons outside my cabin. I am spoiled and consider myself incredibly fortunate to have a wife that likes living by the water as much as i do. Even if she doesn't care to fish.
    Finally have the wife on board to get that lakefront house I have been dreaming of. Just need to find employment near Lake Gaston NC or wait until retirement in about 5 years. If it wasn't for health insurance I would be there now.

Flippin looks like a nice area sclark. Bet it's a bit nicer than central NJ although we do have a few pristine areas still. I live near the Pine Barrens which is unique to anywhere in the US.

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bamaman View Post
    I've got Pickwick Lake 6 miles to the west and Wheeler Lake 10 miles to the east. Wilson Lake is in my front yard.
    Two Robert Trent Jones golf courses are on my street, and another RTJ course a mile across the lake.
    We're doing all right too.
    Florence, AL/McFarland Bottom/Seven Mile Island area of Pickwick Lake has a special place in my fishing memory. Drove 205miles to fish there on 3 day trips from 1982-1992. I got a 6lb 14oz smallmouth on the first trip, a 7lb 12oz smallie a few years later and so many other lurkers along the way. We concentrated on the months of February and March, as that was when the big girls were fat. Love that place!

12. Member
    Anybody from south Texas going to chime in? I would like to hear what’s it’s like to live near,Amistad, Falcon or Travis lakes.

13. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Desertdog619 View Post
    Anybody from south Texas going to chime in? I would like to hear what’s it’s like to live near,Amistad, Falcon or Travis lakes.
    Hot, hotter, and crowded in that order. Amistad is beautiful, don't think I would want to live there, I have a home on Texoma, we do not live there but we use it a lot, really nice lake as well.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12