Thread: Bay 22 DLX

Bay 22 DLX

I came to this site looking for info to help me get my boat setup correct. I was so completely caught up with that task I forgot to mention my thought on this boat.

This boat has tons of room a fishes really well. I had my Lowrance elite9Ti mounted on it. I also got the optional water pressure gauge. I upgraded the trolling motor to a M.K. 112 Fortrex with the radar puck already installed in the head. I also got the bimini top. I had my old motor from my bass boat installed it. It is supposed to be a 2003 yamaha oX66 250, but it never really performed like one. It was slower than it should have been on the bass boat and it is slower than it should be on this boat. I'm starting to think I might have been tricked when I first purchased it. That being said, I have it set up the best it's going to get. I like the way the bot rides, fishes, pulls on the trailer. It also handles like a smaller boat. I find myself fishing alone most of the time, but i'm sure there is room to fish 4 with no problems. The boat launches and loads with ease. You would think this was a 22'-0" boat.

I did have one negative thing that happened. The boat would lean to the left. The faster you would go the more it would lean. G3 did stand behind the boat they took it back to the factory to fix it. Can't complain about that.

In summary, I would recommend this boat.

2. Member
    Curious, what was done to correct the issue? I suspect they welded wedges to the bottom of the hull.

3. Member
    yes. replaced my tabs with the updated 2019 tabs

4. Member
    got the boat in some skinny water this weekend. 1.2' and less. The boat did great with 3 people, 2 ice chest and all are gear. I was really shocked. i was crusing 30 mph in 1.3' of water lol, kicking up mud but not slowing. the 112 lbs 36 Volt trolling motor was the star of the day. Hydraulic jackplate and power pole are next on my list.