Thread: Oil for G2

Oil for G2

where and how do y'all get your oil for your motors? Just picked up a G2, and I know its best to use the xd100 oil. But what are your experiences on purchasing the oil since it is a little bit more pricey than the quicksilvers and Pennzoil. Do y'all buy online or what? Trying to find the cheapest route here.

Thanks in advance

2. Ranger Boats Moderator jc2bg's Avatar
    Most buy XD-100 online, unless they have a local dealer that sells from bulk. Domo Online, Suncoast Marine, Leaders RPM, and of course Amazon are some online vendors. Expect to pay $33-40 a gallon shipped.
    John Clark — Findlay, Ohio

3. Member
    yeah, I went through Leaders RPM and paid 115$ for three gallons. I think I averaged it out to be $38.and some change after shipping. I wish I had a Evinrude dealer near me that sells the stuff. I'm going to look up those other companies and see there prices.

4. Member
    my dealer sells it to me for $36. doesn't seem to matter if i buy one off the shelf or he fills my jug.
    2020 Ranger Z519 | 2020 Mercury Pro XS 225 4S | Helix 10SI | Helix 10 MDI G3N | Helix 10 MDI G3N | Noco GENIUS 10X4
    Fury 3 22P True Pitched | Power Pole Pro 2's | Ghost TM | Mega 360 | MEGA LIVE | Atlas 8in Jack Plate | Trick Step | 3X Amped 80ah Lithiums

No great online deals right now. The best I had last year was $89 for 3 gallons shipped. Leaders. They have it for 118 now but they should be out with a coupon soon.
    1994 201 Champ re-powered with a 250 HO G2 E250LHAFA 05438419

6. Member
    86 wow thats cheap for that oil. Do they send out email notifications for the sales? if so I need to get on that

7. Ranger Boats Moderator jc2bg's Avatar
    As 86 inches reports, much better deals were available several months ago. My theory (based on years of observation) is that because most dealers get large “stocking orders” of pallets of oil all at one time, the time they are most likely to run a sale on oil is when supply is up and demand is down. Usually mid-winter, end of January through February.
    John Clark — Findlay, Ohio

That was the best deal I’ve seen. I was alerted to it by a post on this forum.

Once you buy from Leaders you’ll be on their mailing list. I recieve discount offers from them pretty often but they haven’t been as good as that one deal. Usually its 5-10 off. But they have free shipping so they seem to always have the best price. I wish they would sell it in 6 gal lots.

I think the price went up when BRP changed the packaging last year. There was some discussion of that here.
    1994 201 Champ re-powered with a 250 HO G2 E250LHAFA 05438419

9. BBC SPONSOR/ Shallow Water Anchors Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by inthemoney View Post
    where and how do y'all get your oil for your motors? Just picked up a G2, and I know its best to use the xd100 oil. But what are your experiences on purchasing the oil since it is a little bit more pricey than the quicksilvers and Pennzoil. Do y'all buy online or what? Trying to find the cheapest route here.

Thanks in advance
    whatever route you go make sure its XD 100 ..do not run any other oil in that G2.

10. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by kandkkustomzhydrographics View Post
    whatever route you go make sure its XD 100 ..do not run any other oil in that G2.
    I'm not an Evinrude owner, but agree 100% with this ^^^^.
    The motor is designed to work with this oil, and considering how easy on oil the G2 is, I would not risk substituting any other oil.

11. Member
    Oh yeah, I’m definitely going to make sure it’s going to be xd 100 oil. Just down here in south LA there isn’t much Evinrude dealers and very few people that run Evinrude. So it’s hard to find the xps xd100 oil. But I’m definitely going to order that stuff in bulk somewhere

12. Member