Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
    Banned

How is the new Pot Law in Canada going.

Curious for all you in the Great North how the new Pot Laws are going. We are going to Toronto for a long weekend. No plan on indulging but the wife is concerned about public use and restaurants we will be going to .

Not wanting a political debate just how is it affecting life in public.

You can not smoke cigarettes or pot in any restaurant or public venue so there are no worries there.
    Will you smell the odd puff walking around downtown sidewalks.... yeah probably.
    It is only available on line in Ontario so there are no public dispensers either. Honestly, I have not noticed a difference in day to day life other than ppl showing off on social media that they can smoke legally at home.
    @captainmorganlegend

There has been a huge increase in the number of auto accidents.
    Last edited by OBT; 10-19-2018 at 06:08 AM.
    No one can be wrong that often so it has to be deliberate.

Quote Originally Posted by Old Bass Tard View Post
    There has been a huge increase in the number of auto accidents.
    Really? It became legal on Wednesday. I didn't know they'd have statistics out after two days already?
    I'm not saying that wouldn't be the case some day down the road, but I believe it is much too premature to suggest that after two days there has been a huge increase in auto accidents.
    @captainmorganlegend

5. Member
    If your wife is concerned about seeing public use stay away from New Orleans. We saw it several times while walking the streets on our visit.

Cpt. Morgan, see this... http://www.bbcboards.net/showthread.php?t=937606 I was just
    Last edited by OBT; 10-19-2018 at 06:23 AM.
    No one can be wrong that often so it has to be deliberate.

But most car accidents were minor as the drivers were all going 3 mph..

Quote Originally Posted by Old Bass Tard View Post
    Cpt. Morgan, see this... http://www.bbcboards.net/showthread.php?t=937606 I was just

LOL all good bro
    @captainmorganlegend

9. Member
    I would look up the laws in Ontario before you make your trip, it'll likely answer a lot of your questions.

I'm from the Ottawa ON area and nothing has changed except for a few dumb people wanting to "stick it to the man" ... 1 guy showed up on the Parliament hill with a joint in his mouth and yelling .. Turns out he was exceeding the allowed amount of WEED.. Which is 30 grams, his back pack was FULL...

There will be more idiots.. Isolated events.. Nothing new.
    But most folks just enjoy what they do in privacy, like they do with alcohol..

Funny thing happened on the 17th ( the day it became legal )
    I was standing on a corner downtown Ottawa with some co workers, it was lunch time, we were looking for a place to eat, when a lady came out of nowhere and started asking us if we we're smoking or plan to?
    She came up really close ( like she was trying to smell us) I told her no.. We all have day jobs.. Things to do..

She was a reporter, working on the story and looking for people smoking.. She was expecting the streets to be up in smoke, people parading around..

I told her the same thing I'm telling you guys.. Not much will change, decent people will continue to enjoy what they were already partaking in, there will be the occasional fool and hopefully with all this talk of oils and pain relief older generations will be find relief without the hard pills.

Enjoy your trip.
    Shawn.D
    2015 Phoenix 618pro w/ 150 Evinrude Etec HO

10. Winter can end now..... BoatBuggy's Avatar
    The potato chip shelves are empty and the roads are crazy with all the extra pizza delivery vehicles.
    2013 Ranger Z520c, 2013 Yamaha 250 SHO
    2018 Ranger RT198p, 2013 Mercury 150 Optimax

11. Member
    Hopefully, we will be able to resume commercial flights to/from Canada.
    There seems to be a dense fog over the entire country, except Alberta.

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Cpt. Morgan View Post
    Really? It became legal on Wednesday. I didn't know they'd have statistics out after two days already?
    I'm not saying that wouldn't be the case some day down the road, but I believe it is much too premature to suggest that after two days there has been a huge increase in auto accidents.
    They have started doing road blocks, on major arteries, bridges, etc.. They have yet to stop someone under the influence of Marijuana.
    They did stop on guy who was sitting in a parked car smoking with the passenger.. They are really vigilant about it and they are broadcasting the message loud and clear.
    Shawn.D

13. Member
    Another quick post, because I'm sipping on coffee and waiting for deliveries to come in...

Local media station had posted a story online about a child (5 or 8 years old if I recall) coming to school with a bag of weed. "Hey look what my mom packed me"
    That was the craziest story I read..

The story was posted mid day on October 17th ( The day it became legal )
    Turns out the story was from much earlier this month.. but chose to release it that day to get the most traffic on their web page..
    Not MOM of the year for sure..
    Shawn.D

Quote Originally Posted by slim View Post
    But most car accidents were minor as the drivers were all going 3 mph..
    You are not counting the reared accidents, user was eating for the light to turn Red.

15. Member
    The entire country should implode within 12 months.

16. Michigan Bass Club Moderator CGWright's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by basscat21 View Post
    You are not counting the reared accidents, user was eating for the light to turn Red.
    Apparently legal now too where you live?

To report any post you disagree with press Alt + F4.

I don’t see why you would be concerned over that. I would be more concerned going to a bar and drunks falling on be than someone smoking a little weed. You probably wouldn’t even know they have been smoking.

I'm working in Toronto and have been for about 3 years now. I live at a major "intersection" area called Yonge and Sheppard. I've seen one person smoking weed so far, and she was doing her best to be discreet and respectful of folks around her. I've seen zero adverse effects or behavior so far. Very anti-climactic in fact.

19. Banned
    I figured the worst is I would not be able to get Tim Bits. She worries about everything.

Quote Originally Posted by Walleyeguy456 View Post
    Curious for all you in the Great North how the new Pot Laws are going. We are going to Toronto for a long weekend. No plan on indulging but the wife is concerned about public use and restaurants we will be going to .

Not wanting a political debate just how is it affecting life in public.
    It's being treated same way as booze is, except you can't smoke in bars anymore so alot more strict as there aren't many "legal" smoke lounges, shouldn't have to worry about being in public surrounded by it. I'm sure they will enforce that policy as they do with drinking, can't drink in a public place.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast