Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
  1. Shutterbug Forum Moderator bdog7198's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by old373guy View Post
    Not Canada but here in California recreational pot became legal Jan. 1 this year. I have not noticed anything different, I have not seen anyone openly smoking. I don't think it has caused more people to start smoking its just that the ones that did can now get it legally. From what I understand the pot sold at the pot stores is pretty expensive but the quality and variety is much better that they were getting on the street.
    I cannot believe it has not caused an increase in the number of users, but the "new" users were people who followed the law when it was illegal. They are not going to just start breaking laws now when they were conscious of it before.
    Prints and more available at: http://BSPhotography.co/
    Digital downloads available at: https://licensing.pixels.com/profiles/1-brian-shoemaker
    IG: BSPhotographyZ9

2. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Chief Paduke View Post
    Everyone is headed there. It’s all good.
    Yeah but this one is better...just ask Charlie.

I work out of Denver and have for two years. I don’t notice much difference between any other city I visit which is pretty much every city in the USA.
    Last edited by C130; 10-20-2018 at 07:04 AM.

How's it going you ask. It's a sh$t show up her. Should see the people lining up for it where allowed. Real winners!

5. Member
    A family member lives in Colorado, there house was recently broken into. Said they've noticed change since it's been legalized. Crime up, finding help that isn't stoned more of an issue.
    Also ms13 buying lots of property to legally grow it on, and their profit margin has now increased. Which is allowing them to focus on harder drugs.

Quote Originally Posted by ontariobasser View Post
    How's it going you ask. It's a sh$t show up her. Should see the people lining up for it where allowed. Real winners!

Wow people standing in line ? Thats crazy
    " Talking to you is like clapping with one hand "
    Anthrax

7. Banned
    Sad that Canada doesn’t have a First Amendment, maybe when everybody comes down?

8. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by warcry View Post
    Yeah but this one is better...just ask Charlie.

What in the hell was that!?!?

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Fishfinger View Post
    Sad that Canada doesn’t have a First Amendment, maybe when everybody comes down?
    Canada has Freedom of Speech. If not, I'd still be doing time hard up there.
    I talked more crap than imaginable when they poured cheese and gravy all over my French fries.
    That's some nasty, nasty stuff. Had them go make some that weren't trashed.

Quote Originally Posted by Fishfinger View Post
    Yeah, we don't have freedom of speech in Canada like you guys do in the US. WOW!!!

11. Banned
    I do have question

US still federally illegal so at our Denver location you test positive and you’re done

How does it now work in Canada?

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by keeferfish View Post
    I do have question

US still federally illegal so at our Denver location you test positive and you’re done

I can answer part of the question, since I'm well versed in the industry.

Canada passed national legislation to make marijuana legal for adult use.
    Each province has some latitude with respect to age requirements, etc.

Have no idea about employment laws, but I'd imagine it's similar to alcohol.
    Don't come to work drunk, don't consume at work, don't have it at work.

This isn't rocket science, it's a repeal of draconian laws that weren't working.
    Again, the idea isn't to allow poor behavior by anyone, but to allow freedom.

13. Winter can end now..... BoatBuggy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TampaJim View Post
    This isn't rocket science, it's a repeal of draconian laws that weren't working.
    Again, the idea isn't to allow poor behavior by anyone, but to allow freedom.
    Go with that if that what makes you feel all warm and fuzzy. It's about tax revenue - always has been, always will be.
    2013 Ranger Z520c, 2013 Yamaha 250 SHO
    2018 Ranger RT198p, 2013 Mercury 150 Optimax

Quote Originally Posted by BoatBuggy View Post
    Go with that if that what makes you feel all warm and fuzzy. It's about tax revenue - always has been, always will be.
    Except under the Marijuanna Tax Act of 1937, NO tax stamps were ever issued, thus making the substance illegal and no tax was ever collected.
    "The man of system is apt to be very wise in his own conceit; and is often so enamored with the supposed beauty of his own ideal plan of government that he cannot suffer the smallest deviation from any part of it…He seems to imagine that he can arrange the different members of a great society with as much ease as the hand arranges the different pieces upon a chessboard.” Adam Smith, The Theory of Moral Sentiments

15. Winter can end now..... BoatBuggy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Hahn View Post
    Except under the Marijuanna Tax Act of 1937, NO tax stamps were ever issued, thus making the substance illegal and no tax was ever collected.
    It will be now.....
    2013 Ranger Z520c, 2013 Yamaha 250 SHO
    2018 Ranger RT198p, 2013 Mercury 150 Optimax

16. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by keeferfish View Post
    I do have question

I do not know how Canada will handle it and it will be interesting to see how it unfolds.

In the U.S.A though I think that a problem as far as the workplace is going to be concerned is going to involve the insurance companies and coverage as far as workplace accidents along with a companies liabilities in things like injuries and and possibly even wrongful death litigation and law suites when the employee that possibly caused such incidents test positive for THC.

Currently there is no simple, quick or affordable test or testing method that can determine a persons THC levels only a test whether there is THC present or not.

Also I know of no THC levels that have been determined from a legal standpoint to determine whether a person is considered impaired or not like there is currently with say alcohol.

Due to this I would say that a company would presently be in a position to retain liability insurance coverage and limit liability exposure in a law suite that THC in the system will remain a not allowed period within most companies.

This in my opinion is where the rush to pass marijuana recreational use laws in many ways has put the cart before the horse.

These issues and laws and levels along with test to confirm the levels of THC in a persons system should have been in place prior to passing the the laws allowing use of the drug.

Of course most stoners will not agree that recreational legalization should have been delayed while such issues were dealt with and systems put in place to administer them.

17. Member
    Fourmax I like your logical thinking, however seeing decision by committee working with government entity’s I know consensual agreements are seldom reached. When they are, if something goes wrong, or is missed, it turns into a finger pointing game.

I find drug test in the corporate world are largely used to avoid paying on the back end. They have little to do with insurance rates. To my knowledge smokers are the only group legally allowed to be discriminated at this time. I’ve read a couple of cases where body fat was tried as a condition of employment, but that was shot down. It can be used to determine rates once employed.

You do give some valid points to consider when discussing legalizing THC products. I appreciate that without labling all people who might use the drug as “stoners”. IMO doing so is like calling everyone who has a beer “alcoholics”.

Hey Al, can you get some of the good stuff? Lol

19. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BoatBuggy View Post
    It will be now.....
    Not at the fine establishments on the tiny little reserve near one of your favourite lakes!! But on a serious note I have seen the positive effects that this “drug” has had on people who have had medical exemption for years now. It really is amazing how when used properly it can have positive results for people. I don’t really seem to remember meeting anyone who has has been using alcohol (which has been available and heavily taxed for years) having positive medical or mental effects from it.

I am sure it has been asked though.

Do some work places have policy in place as to not have people having THC in there urine/blood?

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast