Thread: Tikka T3

Tikka T3

Does anyone have a Tikka T3? If so what are your likes and dislikes? I’m looking at a 300 magnum/short magnum.

2. Banned

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Chief Paduke View Post
    Thanks Chief

4. Member
    Yep. My elk rifle is a T3 Hunter Stainless 30.06. Great shooter, silky action and has put down plenty of animals. I love it and really would like to pick up a T3x Superlite in a .270.

Among the shooting community, Tikka is considered one of the top choices for a non-custom rifle. If they had introduced their 6.5 Creedmoor lefty version a few months earlier, I would have purchased one instead of the Ruger I bought.
    Aaron Campbell
    Barling, AR
    2007 Bass Cat Sabre
    2011 Merc 175 Pro XS

6. Member
    Had one for years. Best rifle in that price range you can buy.
    1997 STRATOS 285 PE EVINRUDE INTRUDER 175

7. Member
    Ok. Gunbroker taunted me and you guys pushed me over the edge. I went ahead and bought a T3 .300 WSM. Now I’ve got to start researching scopes that are quality but won’t break the bank. Any recs there?
    Last edited by RangerAce; 10-19-2018 at 04:52 PM.

8. Member
    I have a t3x in 7mm08. Great rifle compared to other off the shelf rifles I have used, I dont think you’ll be disappointed. For glass, you need to provide more info on what you are looking for—price range, whether you will be dialing or not, and magnification needs. Ive played with some $300-600 scopes this year on mine and am now deciding between replacing all of them with a nightforce shv or the nxs compact. Probably the shv. Once I started dialing my go-to choices all failed consistently.

9. Member
    It's predecessor was basically an economical version of a Sako. The T3 cheapened things up a little bit but it is still a good rifle. Much better than the cheap junk most companies are putting out now.

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MacIntosh View Post
    I have a t3x in 7mm08. Great rifle compared to other off the shelf rifles I have used, I dont think you’ll be disappointed. For glass, you need to provide more info on what you are looking for—price range, whether you will be dialing or not, and magnification needs. Ive played with some $300-600 scopes this year on mine and am now deciding between replacing all of them with a nightforce shv or the nxs compact. Probably the shv. Once I started dialing my go-to choices all failed consistently.
    Thanks Mac. I’m looking in that 3-6 range. Once I get a rifle dialed in I don’t touch it. Just a good hunting scope. I’ll sight it in at 200 yards and leave it alone. Currently have a Swift and a Nikon Monarch 3 that are deadly on my Ruger Hawkeyes but willing to try something different.

11. Member
    If you’re going to set it and forget it my opinion is get a Leopold, in my experience they and vortex have by far the best warranty out there, but in the lower price points you’re less likely to use it with Leupold. I don’t know that my lower end Lupold scope’s are any better than my BushNell scopes of the same price—my bushy trophy extreme 2.5-10 is a pretty nice scope for the money— but the warrantee and resale value from leupold is definitely worthwhile.

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MacIntosh View Post
    If you’re going to set it and forget it my opinion is get a Leopold, in my experience they and vortex have by far the best warranty out there, but in the lower price points you’re less likely to use it with Leupold. I don’t know that my lower end Lupold scope’s are any better than my BushNell scopes of the same price—my bushy trophy extreme 2.5-10 is a pretty nice scope for the money— but the warrantee and resale value from leupold is definitely worthwhile.
    Thanks. I’ll look into them. Doesn’t Leupold own Bushnell and make their scopes now, or is that Redfield?

13. Member
    I have a .270 WSM and love it. If you get one look at mountain tactical accessories.

14. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by RangerAce View Post
    Thanks. I’ll look into them. Doesn’t Leupold own Bushnell and make their scopes now, or is that Redfield?
    Redfield I believe.

15. Member
    I've got 4 vortex scopes and I will say the $200 scopes are ok but not great. I bought this one recently for a 300win and love the scope. Leupold as well makes great products so its tough to choose.

https://www.midwayusa.com/product/27...-reticle-matte

16. Member
    Thanks again to everyone. I bought a Vortex Viper HS. Rifle is on the way. Can’t wait to get it all together and fire it up.