Garmin fuel flow sensor

Anybody running one of these? My normal gas gauge is questionable at best. Looking for some reviews.

2. Member
    I got one just to analyze fuel efficiency at the different rpms. Worked great. If you want to use it for your fuel gauge, you have to remember to keep it updated when you refuel.
    It's NMEA2000 so if you're not using that already you'll need a starter kit for that.
    My wife asks if I'm going to fish every day. I can't fish every day. Some days I might be sick.

3. Member
    So you just reset it to zero when you fill your tank? Does it keep it in memory somehow if you disconnect the mfds?

4. Member
    You have to add in the unit software how many gallons you put in or set it to full tank. Unit must stay on.
    My wife asks if I'm going to fish every day. I can't fish every day. Some days I might be sick.

5. Member
    Well thats kind of silly shos going to leave the unit on for a full tank of gas.

6. Member
    Maybe I said it wrong. It does remember the fuel level when the unit is shut down. But if you are running down the lake with the unit turned off, it don't know you are burning fuel.

7. Member
    Ah I see. That makes more sense.

Thanks

8. Member
    I’ve been using one for several years. Works great. Just have to remember to tell it when you fill the tank. I also installed a WEMA fuel level sender in the tank and connected it to the GFS10 so I have a physical level sensor on my NMEA 2000 network as well. Both work great.