Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Yes that is it. I done a google search just to make sure. It does have a spice kick that makes it a little hot. I have not had any for a few years but if I ever run across it I will stock up.

2. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by RazorCat View Post
    Sounds good. Haven’t had one in 10 years probably. Might need to rethink that.
    Come on up to Detroit and get a goodin.
    You should know that in bee tending if you don't shut your trap the bees will get out.

7-11, here I come!!!!
    2000 Javelin Renegade 20 DC.
    Strong men create easy times, Easy times create weak men & weak men create hard times. Sheikh Rashid bin Saeed Al Maktoum
    In 1944 18-20 year old's stormed beaches, and parachuted behind enemy lines to almost certain death.
    In 2015 18-20 year old's need safe zones so people don't hurt their feelings. "Author Unknown"
    In 2021 18-40 year old's want to and work to cancel you out if you have a different opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by mean_dean View Post
    LOVES me some Packo's! Need to get back there again and get some.
    That's Klinger's favorite spot! :).

5. Banned
    Coneys and chili dogs are two different animals....Coney has that sweet flavor before the heat while chili is like the name. Gimme chili dogs with mustard and onions any day. A bar up north where I worked over the summer had them for a buck a piece on Thursdays. Add a couple beers and 4 dogs and get change back from a 10 spot.

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by castforcash View Post
    I'm gonna bet it was National Coney Island sauce, it's a chain here in Michigan. We have lots of good coney dog places here in Michigan. Yeah we call them Coney dogs, not chili dogs.....have to have the snap dogs for them to be the real deal. I don't care for actual chili on the dog, I prefer the coney/chili sauce and it has a little bite/spice to it.
    My wife is from a suburb of Detroit. When we went up to visit her family, I found National Coney Island. I used to get a great chili dog at Jame's Coney Island in Houston, but there was nothing good in So. FL. Now they opened a pizza shop in Boynton that has Buddy's pizza and National Coney Islands.
    A few months after finding this place, and another place in Delray that has the same dogs, I went on the Atkins diet. Life is unfair sometimes! (But I've lost over 35 lbs since early august, not too shabby...) Once a month I go off for a day and get two. I can almost understand people living in that god-forsaken icebox...

7. Member
    Had one at Sonic a couple weeks ago.

This was the first summer without two or three trips a couple of miles away to Stewart,s.
    They sold out supposedly to Walgreen's. Was a great drive in place, open Memorial to Labor day,
    but never open on Sundays. My order was always the same, two chili with onions, two with mustard and kraut and a side of onion rings.
    Not to forget the giant frosted mug of root beer.
    Somebody opened a Stewart,s in the mall food court but it just couldn't be the same.

Pete's and Tom's in Birmingham were the best ever. They were a fixture of downtown for most of my life.

P01135809

10. Member
    Greatest Chili Dog on earth is from The Hot Grill in Clifton N.J.

11. Member
    Last chili dog I had was about a year ago at Hot Dog Heaven in Orlando.

12. Member
    If you're ever near Lynchburg VA you have to try a Moore's Country Store chili dog. Been around since 1926 and an icon in the area. Whenever I go home I bring back a quart of chili.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234