Recently purchased a 2002 ZX200 Bass Master Classic

So I recently purchased a 2002 Bass Master Classic ZX200 with a 2001 Yamaha HPDI 200. Can anyone tell me anything I need to watch out for on this boat or anything that would be a good upgrade for it.

just take care of maintenance. see the yamaha forum for HPDI filter locations. enjoy

"Don't be afraid to see what you see."
    Ronald Reagan

3. Member
    I have exactly the same boat. Bought as a dealer demo in 2002. I've fed a steady diet of trolling motor and electronic upgrades over the past 16 years. Wrecked it a couple times. I like the 19'5 boats. Think their lines are better than the 20'2. Only complaint is the motor. The 2.6 liter 200 is a little puny when the boat is heavy loaded. Wants to plow until gets on plane.

I've beat the snot out of mine for 16 years and it just keeps going.

Fine boat. If you got one in even decent shape, you won't be disappointed.

4. Member
    Trolling motor pedal tray is a nice upgrade. Pretty easy to install except you need to remove the front seat base. I took the center seat out and put a rubber step pad there. Nice little detail.

Ultrex and pair of Helix's.

New carpet a couple years ago. The original lasted 12 - 14 years.

5. Member
    Thanks guys I appreciate it. It came with a 25P yamaha prop on it, I've seen some guys talk about switching to the Tempest II prop.

6. Member
    I run them both. Can't really tell any difference to worry about. Biggest issue with that boat and the little 200 is weight. I doesn't like to be heavy. Unless I'm on a big lake where I think I might run a long way, I never fill the tanks over half full. With 50 gallons of gas and 40 gallons of live will, almost 700 lbs. when both full.

7. Member
    Hey MCIPinkie, what height are you running your motor?

8. Member
    Been along time since I set it up. Haven't touched it in 15 years. Went out and measured. The moveable part of the jack plate is 1 3/4" above the fixed.

9. Member
    ok thanks, that seems to be a pretty common set u. What prop? Mine has a 25 Yamaha prop on it.

10. Member
    Yamaha 25M until I decide to change for what ever dumb reason. Then I put the 25 Tempest on and can't tell the difference.

11. Member
    Lol, thanks. Looks like you're pretty close to me, that is Lake Tapawingo , MO isn't it?

12. Panfish Forum Moderator SOONER*REDNECK's Avatar
    A buddy of mine has the exact rig. Great ride and not a slouch by any means. Congrats!

13. Member
    Yep