des plaines river

Is the river fishable right now? anyone been out there? I am looking for a place to get out for a couple of hours on Sunday any suggestions within an hour of naperville?

thanks all.

2. Member
    went to the big basin yesterday and caught about 10 bass in 2 hrs

3. Member
    I was there as well, on the water at 8 off at 10:45 you must have fished later as my truck was alone in the lot. I got yelled at by some guy in a duck blind who I couldn't even see, also found it to be really dirty and extra smelly yesterday. I caught 4 literally on the rip rap right by the marina on a small shakey head and swamp bug. I can't figure that place out, everything that looks good is either too shallow or there is so much debris in the water it is unfishable. Not really that great of a destination but seeing is how I live in a wasteland of fishing oppurtunities less than an hour I took what I could.
    Glad you had success you must know the secret sauce there.

4. Member
    yeah, there are a lot of good spots out there.. but most of it is a barren wasteland.. in my experience with the river is that the fish stack up, so when you find one usually there are more in the same spot