Thread: Back In Parking

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Back In Parking

Why must everyone back into their parking spaces these days? I don't recall anywhere in my drivers exam where you were instructed to back into the space. Nothing like following a truck through the parking lot and thinking they passed a space when all the sudden they stop and the reverse lights come on. If they don't put on a turn signal or something I'm taking the spot. I just don't get it. Takes more time and effort to back into the space than it does to back out into the wide open road. Rant over.

I often wonder the same thing myself. It's become a trend the last 2-3 years for sure.

3. Member
    In some instances it is a good idea. If you are at an event with a large crowd it is much easier to pull out in traffic front first than back out into traffic.

Damn millennials!

5. Better Lucky Than Good! Casslaw's Avatar
    Because people buy big ass trucks and can’t back out of a space....that’s the only thing I can think of. I know kids do it too nowadays. When I was a kid a backed in car meant you were hiding the plate and a LEO would check it.
    2006 Triton SP-185, 2006 Evinrude Etec 90, PowerTech NRS3, Garmin Echomap Plus 73CV & 93SV

6. Banned
    Its much safer, less accidents. UPS trucks try and never back up for this reason.

7. Member
    I don't know, been backing into just about every spot, or driveway for the last twenty or so years.

Many of the plants that I work at require back in parking as well, when on site.
    I'd Rather be Fishing

8. Banned
    Most people don't know how to pull forward into a parking spot guess that backup camera is worth it

9. Member
    Was that you that was ON MY BUTT THE OTHER DAY. Damn tailgaters

10. Member
    I use to do it in alot of places but it was because the darn parking spaces was so small and its easier to back into a spot than try and turn a big truck into one.

11. Member
    I'd be happy to answer ... it's a failure to be courteous by most drivers.
    Not the ones backing into spaces, those that don't let people out of spaces.
    In the old days, folks would see you backing out and wait to allow it.
    Now most simply do their absolutely best to ensure you never get to do it.
    Thus backing in and pulling out, slower to get into a space, but fast exit.

12. Member
    I do it lol. Easier to get in and out of busy parking lot, if for some reason your engine dead it is easier jump sitting front facing.

13. Shutterbug Forum Moderator bdog7198's Avatar
    Have almost always backed into parking spots during my 30 years of driving, figured out with trucks its actually easier anyway.
    Prints and more available at: http://BSPhotography.co/
    Digital downloads available at: https://licensing.pixels.com/profiles/1-brian-shoemaker
    IG: BSPhotographyZ9

Easier to back my truck in to a parking spot. I do it.

15. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by basscatrazor View Post
    Damn millennials!
    Yep. They do everything else azz backwards why should parking be any different.

16. Member
    Always back in if possible.

17. Member
    We are instructed to do the same thing at work. But I will say when in a parking lot, it is always best if you can pull through into your spot so that backing is not required to enter the space either. I think today's vehicles with back up cameras make people more comfortable when backing into spaces because allot of folks lack judgement of where their vehicle is when backing.

18. Member
    I can honestly say I have never given a ShxT which way a person parks their truck....

If you work in Telecommunications, it is required by employer.. I back in to every parking space, whether I'm at work or not. This has been the practice for over 30 years.

20. Member
    Backing in is safer....Especially if you are driving a vehicle that has limited visibility out the back like a large truck.....How many times have you heard of people backing over their own kids...??? UPS pushes backing into parking spots for all their drivers..
    "Historically the most terrible things-war, genocide and slavery-have resulted not from disobedience but from obedience"
    Zinn

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast