Thread: New Update 1.84

I did not get the option to turn off auto upload data on my Helix 10 GEN2N SI units. The previous version was the original installed 1.4 version. Is this normal?

Thanks in advance
    Last edited by CrankNstein; 10-18-2018 at 01:03 PM.

2. Member
    What model TM do you have? It is only applicable to Ipilot/Link models.
    Wes
    Helix 10 MSI+,MDI+,Ultrex IPilot
    2023 Phoenix 818
    Never assume there's a tomorrow

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ezfishn View Post
    What model TM do you have? It is only applicable to Ipilot/Link models.
    How do you update it with your trolling motor. Does it only update on the one linked to the tm?
    I have two helix 10 si g1 and a terrova link. Guess it would be 1.83 but after reading the thread below I think I’ll deal with a 1.4x something I have now. HB and bugs... they sure struggle
    Thanks
    Last edited by Boondock; 10-19-2018 at 04:55 PM.

4. Member
    The update is not done through the TM but you need to connect to the Link to be able to make sure Auto Upload Data is turned off. After you verify it is off, then you can do the update 1.83 (G1 units). The next version after 1.4 was 1.46 which added the new basemaps but if you don't need them then no problem staying with 1.4.
    Wes
    Helix 10 MSI+,MDI+,Ultrex IPilot
    2023 Phoenix 818
    Never assume there's a tomorrow

5. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Boondock View Post
    How do you update it with your trolling motor. Does it only update on the one linked to the tm?
    I have two helix 10 si g1 and a terrova link. Guess it would be 1.83 but after reading the thread below I think I’ll deal with a 1.4x something I have now. HB and bugs... they sure struggle
    Thanks
    I bought the new Panoptix live and for two weeks it was showing backwards. After several calls, by my installer, to dealer services they decided it was a bad unit. That evening he say an update come out on their dealer page and that fixed it.

Software is very complex and not matter how many beta testers you have some bugs are only found when the user base gets the release.

For me it's not the issues, its how long they take to fix them.

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by pfisher View Post
    Software is very complex and not matter how many beta testers you have some bugs are only found when the user base gets the release.
    For me it's not the issues, its how long they take to fix them.

Absolutely! It should be days not weeks or months or entire seasons like it is now. Bug fix should be a priority.

As for the Beta testing the bugs are too many and too significant to make me believe that there is any sort of decent Beta program going. The severity of these bugs should not get past alpha, the beta should find the minor quirks, and the final should be highly refined.

7. Member
    It is not just marine electronics. I work in Civil Engineering and Autodesk makers of civil 3d does samething and release versions not totally free of bugs. Generally the Cad users sort it out and develop work around. They only put limited resources into fixing bugs as they move on to producing newer versions.

8. Bringer Of The 'Bird sfw1960's Avatar
    Autodesk products suck in general, AutoCAD and Inventor are full of "great stuff"...
    Robert
    Newaygo CTY, MI
    Helix12MSI G2N v1.84/Helix10MSI G2N v1.84/Helix10MDI G2N v1.84/ASGPSHSx2/iPilotLinkv2.15/2.04RC-1+2/