Thread: Xpress SV16

Xpress SV16

I have a 2008 Xpress SV16 with a 2008 yamaha 50 two stroke. Its spinning a 10 1/4 x 14 pitch aluminum prop. When I have someone in the boat with me it is a dog coming out of the hole. With the current prop I get up to 5300 rpms about 29-30 mph before porpoising. My question is should I go to a Stainless prop and what pitch should I go to if so. I had posted this an the Xpress forum but my model is not very common so no one really had any insight. I was just seeing if anyone could offer some insight.
    Thanks
    Spencer

2. Member
    Did you figure this out? Im running a g3 17', 25hp. I called a local prop guy, asked the same question about stainless. He said no, for that size boat, and hp, save your money. Change the pitch instead. It worked.

3. Better Lucky Than Good! Casslaw's Avatar
    I would agree with you Skunked. On my 90 I was right on the fence as to whether a ss prop would help. I talked to the guys at PowerTech and they’re awesome. They picked the prop for me based on the info I’d gathered and if I didn’t like it, $35 to exchange to a different model but that wasn’t necessary. Top speed only picked up 1mph bit the boat turns, rides and stays on plane at such lower speeds now.
    2006 Triton SP-185, 2006 Evinrude Etec 90, PowerTech NRS3, Garmin Echomap Plus 73CV & 93SV

4. Member
    I have not really had a chance to mess with it. I have been busy with school and work. So based on Skunked's info I might try dropping down to a 13 pitch aluminum prop and see if that helps at all. Thanks for the info guys I might also call Powertech like you did Casslaw.