How Do I Get Inside This Space???

Hey guys, can someone please tell me how to get inside this area where the wires are run? I just bought this 2005 TR-21X and I’m needing to get under here to see what’s going on with this heading sensor, as it’s not not working. Thanks!!

Attached Images Attached Images

2. Member
    Is there not a removable panel right there where your shifter is mounted? That is going to be the closet panel you can remove I believe. The other nearest one will be the warning plate between the seats with the Triton logo on it. Can't see it in your pick but I imagine you have one. I doubt you can reach it form the spot though. I have an old GPS puck mounted on my boat that isn't plugged to anything anymore. I just left it in place.

3. Member
    Thanks, I started to remove that panel by the shift lever but when I looked down from the top, it didn’t look like there was an opening. Guess I need to figure out how to get it all the way off.

4. Member
    Someone went to a lot of trouble to put it in the wrong place. While you are messing with it, move it back as close to your transducers as you can.

Quote Originally Posted by csurp View Post
    Someone went to a lot of trouble to put it in the wrong place. While you are messing with it, move it back as close to your transducers as you can.
    why would you need a heading sensor near your transducer? The gps point is the head unit so being closer to that would give you more accurate gps boat position.
    Last edited by thommo59; 10-18-2018 at 01:22 AM.
    2018 TRX 18. 2020 Mercury 200 Pro XS V8

6. Member
    The seats are mounted to the cover ,you should have some screws inside the back storag lids ,some screws beside the seat under the shifter and passenger side and under the seat you will have to remove the black metal vent covers . Then both seats and the whole cover has to raise up and move

7. Member
    To remove the sensor, twist it counterclockwise.......no need to remove panels, seat, etc......

8. Member
    It is also probably wired to an accessory switch so it doesn't drain the battery.

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by thommo59 View Post
    why would you need a heading sensor near your transducer? The gps point is the head unit so being closer to that would give you more accurate gps boat position.
    I thought it is a Lowrance Point 1 Heading sensor/GPS receiver. If it is, placing it near your rear transducer would give you more accurate waypointing. Select the Point 1 at the console for heading sensor and waypoints. Your front unit would be set to use the Point 1 heading sensor and the units internal receiver for waypointing.

10. Member
    That is where triton mounted the lgc2000 gps antenna ,
    my 06' had it there ,to get to the wiring you had to pull the seat plate and fish them out

I thought it is a Lowrance Point 1 Heading sensor/GPS receiver. If it is, placing it near your rear transducer would give you more accurate waypointing. Select the Point 1 at the console for heading sensor and waypoints. Your front unit would be set to use the Point 1 heading sensor and the units internal receiver for waypointing.
    i tried to post the pic from the Lowrance page but I couldn’t get it to work. It actually shows best mounting either centre or front of boat and says not to mount at the back near the motor
    http://ww2.lowrance.com/Root/Lowranc...0439-002_w.pdf
    Last edited by thommo59; 10-18-2018 at 08:32 PM. Reason: Update
    2018 TRX 18. 2020 Mercury 200 Pro XS V8

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by thommo59 View Post
    i tried to post the pic from the Lowrance page but I couldn’t get it to work. It actually shows best mounting either centre or front of boat and says not to mount at the back near the motor
    http://ww2.lowrance.com/Root/Lowranc...0439-002_w.pdf
    You might ask about this over at the Lowrance Electronics page. I think you will find a lot of support for what I recommend.

13. Member
    My 02 was the same way. You should be able to twist the sensor then raise it up. The cable will come out of the hole as should the connection. You can get to the remaining coil of sensor cable most likely byremoving the panel just forward of the shift lever. The cable should be down inside there somewhere. My panel had the storage compartment in t.

My Triton has a GPS antenna there also and I just left it there. I changed my electronics and mounted the new GPS antenna at the back of the boat near the transducer where it should be.
    2006 Triton TR-21 XD, Mercury 225 Pro XS, S/N 1B287870

15. Anglersedgecustomrods
    Remove your cup holder!

16. Member
    Thanks for the responses guys, sorry I just saw most of these. I’m out of town for work now but will definitely look in to these more when I get back home with better weather!!

As for twisting the top off of the LGC-3000. I tried that and it will not for the life of me twist off. I know it’s supposed to. Not sure what the deal is with that.

17. Member
    This ^^^^^

18. Member
    Yeah it’s an LGC-3000. I’m going to put a Point 1 on it.