Solix Auto Range

Did they ever get the issue fixed with the depth range jumping all over the place? I am so sick of manually setting each time I go from shallow to deep water!
    17 Ranger Z520c Black Out Edition
    Yamaha 250 SHO

2. Member
    Manually setting range is by far the best to get top performance of the sonar.
    You don't want it changing scale on its own.

Fortunately, it's quick with SOLIX.
    Use the +/- button to bring up RANGE adjustments and then turn the knob to where you want it.
    I adjust mine throughout the day and it never takes more than 2 seconds.
    No need to dig into the menus for range or sensitivity, both being settings you'll adjust frequently as you move around different depths and bottom types.

3. Member
    Oh thanks! I didn't know that you could do it that way! I've been going through the pane menu!
    Yamaha 250 SHO

4. Member
    Quick note to add on top of what Thessalonikios said: You may also want to set your "max depth". This is a setting that simply tells the unit how deep to ping. The max range setting tells the unit how deep to show... it may still be pinging deeper. I usually set my max depth on about 110 ft, since that is about the deepest water I could encounter. Last week I was in Florida and ended up setting it to 40ft since there was no deeper water there. I left my range on auto, and didn't have to adjust my range every time I went deeper.

In some cases this could help fix the depth jumping around. To set this, go to Home->Settings->Chirp Sonar->Sonar Source->2D->Transducer Setup and change max depth out of auto and to your desired max depth.

5. Member
    Thanks guys!
    Yamaha 250 SHO

6. Member
    Got on the water today Thessalonikios. Your suggestions worked great, but only for the side scan. Is there a way to easily change the range while in Down Scan that you know of?
    Yamaha 250 SHO

Quote Originally Posted by Tone357 View Post
    Got on the water today Thessalonikios. Your suggestions worked great, but only for the side scan. Is there a way to easily change the range while in Down Scan that you know of?
    Down Imaging and Sonar have the same range (depth). You can manually set the upper range and lower depth range, but Auto works the best as the range will change according to the depth. If you don't want the Range to change, just do that in the sonar menu or the DI menu.
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    Helix 12 CHIRP MEGA+ SI G3N/G4N, Helix 15 CHIRP MEGA SI+ GPS G4N
    SOLIX 12 SI/G3, Helix 8 CHIRP MEGA SI+ G4N, Ultrex 80/LINK, MEGA360,
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Wayne P. View Post
    Down Imaging and Sonar have the same range (depth). You can manually set the upper range and lower depth range, but Auto works the best as the range will change according to the depth. If you don't want the Range to change, just do that in the sonar menu or the DI menu.
    That's what I've been doing Wayne, setting it manually to get around the issue of it behaving erratically in auto.
    Yamaha 250 SHO