Networking 3 EchoMAP 93sv Plus units

I plan on buying 4 EchoMAP 93sv Plus units, 2 for the console and 2 for the bow. 1 at the bow will be strictly for LiveScope. The other 3 I would like to network for waypoint sharing, and the 2 at the console to read off the same transducer. What all do I need to make this happen? Also thinking about buying the UHD Transducer for the console units. Does this work in conjunction with the standard transducer that comes with the 93sv’s or would I be able to purchase the 93sv’s without a transducer and strictly use the UHD? Any info would be greatly appreciated as I’m switching from Humminbird and have little knowledge on Garmin products! Thanks!

2. Lowrance/Garmin/GPS Moderator fishin couillon's Avatar
    Hopefully what i post is correct, if wrong or missing someone will chime in......

UHD hub has 3 ethernet ports, so you would still be missing a few for the 4th EC+ unit and Livescope......So you would need the GMS 10 (network hub (5 ports)), connect the 4 units to it, then connect the UHD to 5th port, then connect the Livescope to UHD box, at that point all units are connected on the network.......

The UHD is side vu/clear vu only, so you would need a seperate 2d ducer for the hull.....yes you can order the unit with no transducer.....i did that and installed the UHD and GT 15 in the rear of boat....

Here is the network port: https://buy.garmin.com/en-US/US/p/250
    YOU are not entitled to what I have earned!!!!!

2014 Phoenix 619 Pro / 2014 Mercury 200 Pro XS

Quote Originally Posted by fishin couillon View Post
    Hopefully what i post is correct, if wrong or missing someone will chime in......

UHD hub has 3 ethernet ports, so you would still be missing a few for the 4th EC+ unit and Livescope......So you would need the GMS 10 (network hub (5 ports)), connect the 4 units to it, then connect the UHD to 5th port, then connect the Livescope to UHD box, at that point all units are connected on the network.......

The UHD is side vu/clear vu only, so you would need a seperate 2d ducer for the hull.....yes you can order the unit with no transducer.....i did that and installed the UHD and GT 15 in the rear of boat....

Here is the network port: https://buy.garmin.com/en-US/US/p/250
    Ok so if I’m reading this correctly for the networking, I would need to purchase the network port and some Ethernet cables? And then to run the UHD I need to just purchase the GT15 for sonar.

4. Lowrance/Garmin/GPS Moderator fishin couillon's Avatar
    Yes on the port and e-cables......Either the GT8 or GT15....both are shoot thru, GT15 is more power.....

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by fishin couillon View Post
    Yes on the port and e-cables......Either the GT8 or GT15....both are shoot thru, GT15 is more power.....
    Is the GT15 just needed when you are fishing deeper water? Compared to the GT8? Not trying to highjack, just curious between the 2 recommended.

6. Lowrance/Garmin/GPS Moderator fishin couillon's Avatar
    Im not an expert on these or pretend to be but per the specs on Garmin's site, the GT15 will go deeper (1900 FT) but that's not for us inland guys.....the 8 is High chirp while 15 is mid chirp......

i went on the recommendation from Leonard on here and got the GT15....its a big ducer but so far, i have no complaints and "Deep water" for me is 20' or less......

If you do a search for GT15 you can find a some post where they talk about the differences......

7. Member
    For the original poster. If you want UHD you would buy the GCV20 with transducer. If you want 2d either on the trolling motor or as an in hull mount that's where the GT8 or GT15 come into play. Both are 8 pin so you'll need the 12 pin unit to 8 pin transducer adapter cable. You could connect it to any unit and see it on all units in your network.

Now for the GT8 vs GT15. First lets get picky. The GT15 is better. It's more powerful, more sensitive, and more flexible. The more powerful part can be quite significant for an in hull mount especially if you run in any deep water. Now about the more sensitive. Try several transducers in 1-5 FOW and you'll see what I mean. All this hullabaloo of some units and transducers having problems in very shallow water just don't happen with this xd. The only time I am in this depth of water is just to see how the transducer does. I don't fish there. The flexibility part has to do with the frequency range and corresponding cone angles at each frequency. The cone ranges from 13 to 24 depending on the manual frequency set. The GT8 is 16 to 24 depending on the frequency set.

Right now I run 2 GT/'s at the same time and the GT15 is unplugged. That's because I'm also running a GT51 that has the same 2d element. One of the things this give me is a daily comparison of the GT8 and GT15 element when I am idling along searching for fish. I always see more on the GT51-GT15 element. Sometimes it's small fish, other times it's what I call mystery matter in the water. Actually it's plankton or algae and requires more experience to interpret what you're seeing or you can just tune the unit not to show it. I have total confidence of the GT8 to show me every fish that I would be interested in catching, but the GT15/GT51 2d gives me more information.
    My wife asks if I'm going to fish every day. I can't fish every day. Some days I might be sick.

8. Member
    Do the echomap plus 93s only share sonar between echomap units? or will they share sonar with GPSMAP units? specifically legacy like a 1040xs.

Quote Originally Posted by puhlw View Post
    Do the echomap plus 93s only share sonar between echomap units? or will they share sonar with GPSMAP units? specifically legacy like a 1040xs.
    Plus units only share with other Plus units.
    Garmin Pro Team