Shallow water Anchors

As i get closer and closer to buying a toon I had this thought, put the biggest Talons on opposite corners.
    My thinking is on my bass boat in waves and wind she will swing a little but on a deck boat (Toon) if you mounted on opposite corners front and back, would that not lock you down?

2. Member
    Well most pontoons or tritoons are longer than they are wide...so in theory they should hold with more leverage...complete hold...that would depend on waves and wakes...

3. Member
    Yes exactly. On my bass boat they are both on the transom where they have to be
    but on a pontoon I would put one on the port front and starboard rear, does that make sense??

4. Member
    might look a little strange...but I'll bet it works...do you fish from the front and the back?...like a four points model? sometimes when they are up, they are a pain to fish around them...my only other thought..

5. Member
    one more thought...where is your boarding ladder? you may not have much of a choice if you want two poles dependant upon the ladder location...

6. Member
    I own a Bennington 24' with a Yamaha 200 and I will tell you that a pontoon boat sure catches a lot of wind. I would be concerned about the relative strength of the talons when trying to keep a pontoon in position.

7. Member
    Well now that I actually have a pontoon boat (just purchased the boat) in fact I towed it to the lake house yesterday 12/26 and plan the maiden voyage for today
    This boat has an extended rear deck but with (2) swim ladders, one in each corner. Setting this boat up with shallow water achors is going to be a chore??

Quote Originally Posted by rangerphil View Post
    I own a Bennington 24' with a Yamaha 200 and I will tell you that a pontoon boat sure catches a lot of wind. I would be concerned about the relative strength of the talons when trying to keep a pontoon in position.