Garmin GT8/GT15 ducer in-hull on aluminium boat

Hi all,

Is it feasible to mount a GT8 or GT15 ducer in-hull on an aluminium boat (Bass Tracker 170 Pro 2017) to read depth while on pad? If yes, is there any tutorial, photos, video,...? I am thinking to install an Echomap 73 or 93 sv on my console with a combo UHD Setup on my transom + GT8 or GT15 in-hull (if feasible).
    I also have an Echomap 93sv on TM with GT52 transducer.

Giving you more clues, I use to fish on shallow water.

Suggestions?

If, it is not feasible to install ducer in-hull on my boat, which configuration do u suggest me?

Thanks a lot for your support

2. Member
    i dont think a thru hull transducer plays very well with aluminum. i have a 175 pro and asked on another thread whether a GT15M-TM would be compatible. LWIN HESTER thought it might be since the IH and the TM are both 8pin transducers. right now i use seperate lowrance unit with a skimmer just for on plane depth but would like to cut it out and use 1 garmin unit for both.

Do not know what freqencies those transducers use, BUT there is an transducer specifically made for shoot-thru in aluminum hulls.
    AlumaDucer
    I have one in my Tracker PT 170 TX that I installed when I first got the boat and it had a cheap Lowrance unit factory installed.

http://www.radarsonics.com/AlumaDucer.htm
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    Helix 12 CHIRP MEGA+ SI G3N/G4N, Helix 15 CHIRP MEGA SI+ GPS G4N
    SOLIX 12 SI/G3, Helix 8 CHIRP MEGA SI+ G4N, Ultrex 80/LINK, MEGA360,
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

4. Lowrance/Garmin/GPS Moderator fishin couillon's Avatar
    Call Garmin and see what they say....

I found a video on youtube not to long ago where a guy put the GT15 in his Tracker boat and did some testing....

YOU are not entitled to what I have earned!!!!!

2014 Phoenix 619 Pro / 2014 Mercury 200 Pro XS

5. Member
    All my electronics experience is with fiberglass boats. This is one of those cases where experience would be quite important.
    My wife asks if I'm going to fish every day. I can't fish every day. Some days I might be sick.