Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Banned
    Those flwrs be crazy to pass up a shot at not so elite bass tour. Mlf pyramid scheme? Clouse is the brightest of the non owner bunch

2. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Screamin_Reel View Post
    My bet is FLW becomes the feeder system to MLF.
    If I was me and most of the time I am, I’d say the “bass elite tour” was the feeder/baitfish in this pond. Just guessing though.

Kinda a put and take if you will

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by GZ ONE View Post
    Don't believe everything you read from Sam on FB...LOL
    Trust me I don’t believe half of what that dude says on fb lol, but more people than him are saying it. Do I think it actually going to happen...no, but then again it would not surprise me.

Man, where do you guys get all this stuff? It's like Bass Fan and the other sites are obsolete--or a step behind. Wow
    I am serious. And don't call me Shirley.

5. Banned
    Looks like " Big Announcement " is the new Buzz word in Bass. " On Thursday " should also be included.

Quote Originally Posted by west_tn View Post
    Johnny is buying FLW
    It will be the feeder series for the bpt.

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by chefdlh1972 View Post
    Man, where do you guys get all this stuff? It's like Bass Fan and the other sites are obsolete--or a step behind. Wow
    BBC is the deal, all the scoops are broken here first

8. Member
    also word on the street is Bass Pro Shops was in the mix to buy Pure Fishing.

When does it end? When one guy owns the entire industry?

9. Member
    BASS is done! They stood still in time. They never paid the anglers or grew the sport over the last 20 years. MLF looked for a formula to grow more TV time and bring more eyes to the sport and they did it. Now they have 10 times more TV and media coverage over every conceivable platform (internet, TV and cell phone), the best anglers and the financial backing of Johnny Morris. This is a guy that is worth 4.2 BILLION Dollars is 70 years old and reports to no one. No board members, shareholders, or financial stakeholders of any kind. Even if he loses money off MLF and still grows the sport being the biggest retailer of bass fishing products he wins. You can't beat someone who is willing to lose money in your business to make money in another (Amazon). BASS should fold up their tents and sell before the brand becomes worthless.

Quote Originally Posted by chefdlh1972 View Post
    If enough rumors keep getting thrown out there eventually one or two might be somewhat true....

Heck this one thread already has

1. BASS is dead, don e, finished, no mas.
    2. JM is buying FLW.
    3. FLW will be a feeder system for BPT.
    4. JM is buying Berkley.

Last edited by Mark Perry; 10-18-2018 at 10:02 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by samluke36 View Post
    BASS is done! They stood still in time. They never paid the anglers or grew the sport over the last 20 years. MLF looked for a formula to grow more TV time and bring more eyes to the sport and they did it. Now they have 10 times more TV and media coverage over every conceivable platform (internet, TV and cell phone), the best anglers and the financial backing of Johnny Morris. This is a guy that is worth 4.2 BILLION Dollars is 70 years old and reports to no one. No board members, shareholders, or financial stakeholders of any kind. Even if he loses money off MLF and still grows the sport being the biggest retailer of bass fishing products he wins. You can't beat someone who is willing to lose money in your business to make money in another (Amazon). BASS should fold up their tents and sell before the brand becomes worthless.

Kroenke will expect someone answering to him and will expect a profit.

12. Member
    sorry but your post is pretty wrong in many areas. MLF does not have a bigger platform. MLF web traffic is much smaller than bassmaster.com. MLF does beat BASS in TV audience only because we don't know the outcome until the show airs....that will change with the BPT. And BASS has a half million magazine subscribers where MLF has no magazine. And then look at all the local press that covers BASS but not MLF. it's night and day.

13. Member
    Yeah and what if johnny Morris gets bored. Or hires a new advisor that steers him away from MLF. It all ends

Quote Originally Posted by gatorsin09 View Post
    Yeah and what if johnny Morris gets bored. Or hires a new advisor that steers him away from MLF. It all ends
    Or he simply decides he can grow FLW bigger than BPT or BASS and pulls his money away from those two trails. As it sits currently JM is a sponsor of all 3 trails. I think many people overlook thatr. The BASS Opens are actually titles the Bass Pro Shops Opens.

15. Member
    Maybe JM is buying the SeaHawks? That's the rumor going around the BPS store employees.

16. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by D.O.C. 989 View Post
    Maybe JM is buying the SeaHawks? That's the rumor going around the BPS store employees.
    Since their owner just died, I think the SeaHawks could be bought.

I wish JM would buy the Cowboys

18. Member
    MLF entered a sponsorship agreement with Home Depot to rent their trucks so the marshals don't have to use their own tow vehicles anymore.
    Brandon
    1996 Ranger 362XT
    Johnson Faststrike 150

19. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Perry View Post
    Kroenke will expect someone answering to him and will expect a profit.
    Kodak lost money on camera's to make money on the consumable (film). Same logic applies here the consumable with a higher profit margin is his retail business. MLF is just one (Although very powerful) business strategy driving higher sales. If I was Johnny I'd want FLW and Bass to survive too because they have customers and viewers that help my business but if I'm BASS I start to formulate an exit strategy.

Love the magazine subscription blast. Reminds me of the movie about Facebook "Social Media" when Justin Timberlake gets asked about Napster. "Do you want to buy a Tower Record Store Edwardo" ???? How about your media is Magazine Subscriptions ???

Kodak lost money on camera's to make money on the consumable (film). Same logic applies here the consumable with a higher profit margin is his retail business. MLF is just one (Although very powerful) business strategy driving higher sales. If I was Johnny I'd want FLW and Bass to survive too because they have customers and viewers that help my business but if I'm BASS I start to formulate an exit strategy.

Love the magazine subscription blast. Reminds me of the movie about Facebook "Social Media" when Justin Timberlake gets asked about Napster. "Do you want to buy a Tower Record Store Edwardo" ???? How about your media is Magazine Subscriptions ???

More than anything it sounds as if you want BASS to go under. Seems if they were as devalued as you claim then JM would buy them over FLW since the price would be lower and they have more history and branding.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast