Thread: David dudley

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
  1. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Craigjc00 View Post
    I’ve fished with Dudley dozens of times and know him very well. He is a great guy. He is also the guy who will give a fellow neighbor the shirt off his back and ask for nothing in return. He speaks his mind and wears himself on his sleeve. It occasionally rubs some people the wrong way. I happen to appreciate people who aren’t afraid to be brutally honest and don’t put on a front, whether I agree or disagree.
    I don't know him either just what I have read. Think he's pretty smart. I will take your word for sure because You have to be a stand up guy. I was born and raised in Wyoming, Mich.

2. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by FishInTheDesert View Post
    well I dont know what its like in the tourney world so you might be right.

But with that said...i understand prefishing and that some fish get caught. Now with that seeing said....i see a drastic difference from that....and from looking for fish to catch in easy areas and just sticking them because you wont get to them first on tournament day. May be a subtle difference...but there is a difference. Lots of people already said he shouldve just kept his mouth shut about it....he prolly shouldve but that clear admittance and the reasoning for it that HE HIMSELF stated...well thats a difference to me at least.

Now I wanna ask you....does EVERY single one of them really do it? or are we just using hyperbole? I really dont think every guy that fishes anything above FLW level does this...some might, but not EVERY one like you are trying to claim so itll mesh with your side.
    Whatever works in El Paso TX, should work every where else in the world I guess.

3. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by TritonJT View Post
    Every one of them at that level does this.
    Is that true? Lets just answer that before you start hassling me about living in El Paso. I think I get where youre going with that too. Not biting on it tho bud. Sorry.

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by FishInTheDesert View Post
    so are we just answering questions with questions when the answer doesnt jive with our narrative? Would he stick the fish on a community hole and release them if he did not have an earlier flight? Is that a difference enough?

How many people do you know that would make claims like that just for trash talking sake. He verbally said he was doing it and gave a rationale explanation for it....I guess its too bad he didnt record it to give you the "proof" you need.
    Doesnt matter if he was sticking fish or not. Just saying he did was enough to spin Roland out mentally. And it likely spun a few other people out.

Peter T cried like a baby about it, but he still won. Doesn't look like it affected his fishing.

Havent you ever caught a fish off a bed, release him, watch him swim right back to the same spot...and catch him again? What in the world makes you think none of those bedding fish would bite?

You don't know anyone who purposely tries to get in someone's head? I used to know guys I could make crumble before blastoff by whispering and confiding in them that I was on a dynamite shallow spinnerbait bite when I was actually catching them 15' deep on a worm. You could watch them pacing back and forth, thinking...then when I came in for weigh in I'd stow the worm rigs in the rod locker, put two rods on deck with different colored spinnerbaits, and stop by some bushes just to break off a few twigs and scatter in the boat.

First thing they'd do is look to see what I had tied on. They'd see the spinnerbaits, see the broken twigs in the boat, and walk off cussing because they thought I really WAS throwing blades shallow.

Used to do the same thing with decoy worms, scatter a handful of a strange color I WASN'T using in the bottom of the boat after roughing them on the carpet...threw them for a loop every time. Then they'd be hitting tackle shops trying to find that offbeat color.

Probably well over 50% of people fishing tournaments of any size aren't a threat to do well. If you can eliminate another 5%-10% with mental games, it improves your odds.

I always figured that was Smart fishing...guess y'all don't do that in the desert.

5. Banned
    here i thought it was about catching fish. you all are real deep....or are giving tourney anglers too much credit.

6. Member
    Picking fish off beds isn't fishing...

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234