Just saw 50+ Utility trucks from TX/LA in SC

Off exit 35 on I-85 in SC, there are 50+ Elec/Utility trucks fueling up seemingly together at a Pilot truck stop. Most license plates I saw were TX and Louisiana. Figuring they came up here to help out in the wake of Michael. Very cool to see, but surprised to see them from so far away!
    2021 Phoenix 920 Elite / SHO 250
    Bullet 21XD / 250 XB (Gone to a great home in LA)
    "There is no such thing as a bad day fishing!"

,, Folks have come from all over to help us down here when disasters have hit,,, It's only right for us to return the favor when we can

3. Member
    +1

5. Better Lucky Than Good! Casslaw's Avatar
    It gave me goosebumps when I saw at least 100-125 Florida State Troopers traveling up I-75 the day of the storm. It looked like a huge swarm of Law Enforcement, all with their lights on, hauling butt to help. These are the times I believe the world may not be as screwed as I think.
    2006 Triton SP-185, 2006 Evinrude Etec 90, PowerTech NRS3, Garmin Echomap Plus 73CV & 93SV

Quote Originally Posted by Casslaw View Post
    It gave me goosebumps when I saw at least 100-125 Florida State Troopers traveling up I-75 the day of the storm. It looked like a huge swarm of Law Enforcement, all with their lights on, hauling butt to help. These are the times I believe the world may not be as screwed as I think.
    Yep, it's always a reassuring feeling when you witness such acts. I remember being so grateful for all of the linemen that helped out the Houston area during Hurricane Ike. It was hard not to "thank" every single person you saw that was there to lend a helping hand.

Wishin' I was fishin'...

1990 Ranger 374v
    1996 175 HP Mariner - Magnum EFI
    25p Tempest - A45 model
    80 lb 24v MinnKota Maxxum
    Humminbird Helix 10
    Humminbird Helix 7
    Garmin EchoMap 106sv w/ LS
    Dual 8' Power Poles

I believe most utility companies help each out in times of emergencies. My cousin's husband works for Ameren in Southeast Missouri, he's been down in Florida after Michael hit.

Quote Originally Posted by River-Bandit View Post
    ,, Folks have come from all over to help us down here when disasters have hit,,, It's only right for us to return the favor when we can
    We got pretty lucky in this area, but I have spoken with people in other areas that got hit hard, no power for days, and they really appreciate all the help!!! I also got a great feeling inside seeing all these people traveling to help their fellow man
    2021 Phoenix 920 Elite / SHO 250
    Bullet 21XD / 250 XB (Gone to a great home in LA)
    "There is no such thing as a bad day fishing!"

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bsktball55 View Post
    I believe most utility companies help each out in times of emergencies. My cousin's husband works for Ameren in Southeast Missouri, he's been down in Florida after Michael hit.
    Most electric companies are part of a co-op so they have to send help. Even if they didn't have to a lot would volunteer to go. We had some volunteer to go to Houston last year.

10. Member
    Our electric coop went to New York to help after sandy. They were turned away for not being unionized.

Iowa and Nebraska power companies always go to other states to help out.

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by J Risco View Post
    Off exit 35 on I-85 in SC, there are 50+ Elec/Utility trucks fueling up seemingly together at a Pilot truck stop. Most license plates I saw were TX and Louisiana. Figuring they came up here to help out in the wake of Michael. Very cool to see, but surprised to see them from so far away!
    Saw them driving down 85 as well. It was a ton!
    Skeeter Sx186 w/ yamaha 150

13. Member
    Our guys always help out. I have several friends in Florida right now.