Thread: Jump Starter?

Jump Starter?

Hey Guys, What is the best jump starter to carry in my boat and truck? And, will they jump a lithium (NUKED PRODUCTS) starting battery also? I have a new boat ordered and wanted to have this in advance. Thanks

2. Member
    Interesting...

3. Member
    https://www.amazon.com/dp/B016UG6PWE...i-a=B016UG6PWE

I actually carry the gb40. I have only used it once to jump a coworkers car but it worked as advertised. Super lightweight and fairly small. Holds a charge forever if you don't use it.

4. Better Lucky Than Good! Casslaw's Avatar
    I have an Anker that is a lot like the Noco you posted above. I habe jumpstarted so many vehicles and people almost laugh when I walk up with it. It has always worked first try and is in my truck or boat at all times. I wouldn’t go anywhere without it.
    2006 Triton SP-185, 2006 Evinrude Etec 90, PowerTech NRS3, Garmin Echomap Plus 73CV & 93SV

5. Member
    Thank you!

I have the biggest Weego 66. I haven't tried to start my 150 Optimax with it yet but it did kick off my wife's Honda CRV the other day just fine.

Anyone with an Optimax may find this from the Weego FAQ page...

I’M HAVING TROUBLE JUMPING MY MERCURY OPTIMAX ENGINE.Mercury Optimax outboard marine engines have a heavy power draw before the engine even starts– the electronics quickly drain any battery connected to that engine. In addition, if the battery connected to the engine is less than 11V, the engine will not turn on (the electronic systems require 11V minimum to operate).We have experienced many instances where a Weego is connected to an Optimax, and the Optimax drains the Weego down to 11V before a jump start even occurs. When this happens, the boats engine shuts down. We advise that you purchase one of our largest models, the N66 or the JS18, for your Mercury Optimax engine. We also suggest you charge these units to 100% before use to ensure the best performance. The larger capacity of these units will help with the heavy power draw and strict voltage requirement of your engine.
    Don't worry Ma'am....
    I'm only here for the
    Bass.

7. Member
    I also have the GB40. I keep it in my truck and put it in the boat when I launch, just a little piece of mind. I've only used it once to assist another boat.
    2018 Tracker Pro Team 190 TX
    115 Mercury Pro XS 4S

8. Member
    gb40 used one three times today in the shop i give them as gifts to my kids and loved ones saved my tail when i had to call my boy to bring me his to jump my boat on the far side of the lake. bought another that stays in the boat the next morning

9. Member
    Gb40

10. <B>BBC SPONSOR</B>
    May need to check with he lithium company that makes the battery as some lithium batteries are not compatible with the jump packs.

I have a weego. Worked once, second time didn't. Haven't had to use it since, but I'd rather have something that leaves no room for doubt.
    I am serious. And don't call me Shirley.

12. Member
    https://www.walmart.com/ip/Clore-Aut...hoC-p0QAvD_BwE

I have had one of these on hand every boat trip since 2005. It has a cigarette lighter plug in that I attach a converter to. I use it to run an extra livewell aerator or radio. Have had to use it to bump my trolling motor also on extreme windy days when batteries drew down.

Best feature is using the convertor during power outages to string a temporary lamp and charge phones and flashlights. I loaned it to a guy in the club this year whose big motor battery was dead. He used it to run his livewell all day and start the motor.

13. USAF and DOD retired Phoenix Jim's Avatar
    Love my weego
    2018 Phoenix 920 Pro XP

14. Member
    noco gb40 or gb70 I sell tons of them great product
    2022 z519 cup 225 merc 4s ser # 3B210484. 2--hds12 live units. 2 poles, atlas plate, ghost, hamby's, active target, merc digital gauges
    2002 basscat pantera 3 (dad bought new) sold 8-2-22
    2000 stratos 20 ss (bought new) 200 hp Rude ficht great boat/motor sold 11-21
    pulled by a 2500HD Denali
    proud dad of an ARMY Captain
    MAGA
    ASE/GM Master tech before tools

15. Member
    Have a thing 70. Will sling the engine out from under the hood! But just remember,lithium batteries are too dangerous!

NOCO GB70
    1989 Champion 184 DCR / 1989 Evinrude 150XP

https://shop.antigravitybatteries.com/

I have the XP 10. Its been really good. I've used it to jumpstart my truck and it worked great. Also jumped an old johnson outboard that took forever to start but the jump box never quit. Stays charged for a long time. Has lots of accessories for charging your phone and stuff too.
    " A Few Good Fish"
    Please check out my youtube channel
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCuuwIthNWDweOTGjtkfOVGw