Thread: Stolen Rods!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Angry Stolen Rods!

To the A-hole that stole my rods off my boat at the Butler Chain, I hope we meet again. He was at the ramp with his boat and asked how was fishing and what I caught them on and I didn't think much about. I beached my Boat and went to get my Trailer, loaded my boat and went home. A buddy called that evening and said he was fishing Okeecobee in the morning so come on down. I went to my boat to grab a couple of rods...Gone...I hope we meet again my friend.
    2014 Z119c
    225 Pro X\S
    Lowrance
    Powerpoles

2. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Hookset5 View Post
    To the A-hole that stole my rods off my boat at the Butler Chain, I hope we meet again. He was at the ramp with his boat and asked how was fishing and what I caught them on and I didn't think much about. I beached my Boat and went to get my Trailer, loaded my boat and went home. A buddy called that evening and said he was fishing Okeecobee in the morning so come on down. I went to my boat to grab a couple of rods...Gone...I hope we meet again my friend.
    Hope Karma comes his way, can't stand a thief!

3. Member
    Can we get a description? What did he look like, his boat etc..? The odds someone here knows or sees him is huge.

4. California Fishing Moderator Captain Babito A7T3C's Avatar
    Never really had to use my boat insurance in that way, but does it cover that? I know i was able to add a set amount of extra coverage against theft like this.
    2017 Nitro Z18 - Mercury ProXS 175 - 24P Fury - Elite 9 TI2 - Fortrex

5. Member
    I would be driving by the ramp each morning if possible until I saw the *****. Then the ass whopping would ensue. File a police report. Just in case they show up in a pawnshop. I worked 10 years at a pawnshop, little do people know that everything a pawnshop takes in by law is recorded and sent to a state police data base. Then the shop MUST hold the item for 30 days before putting it out for sale. The pawshop must include make, model, serial number and color of the item. You never know, if the ***** was a crack head he might pawn them for some cash. Either way good luck. Also if you know the boat he had PM me. I know someone that guides out there and I would hate for him to suffer the same fate.
    Brad Krone

6. Member
    Yes that is disgusting, I have always been concerned about that there as its such a long walk to your truck. Try to give us a description of his boat and him and just maybe someone might recognize him.

Wishin' I was fishin'...

1990 Ranger 374v
    1996 175 HP Mariner - Magnum EFI
    25p Tempest - A45 model
    80 lb 24v MinnKota Maxxum
    Humminbird Helix 10
    Humminbird Helix 7
    Garmin EchoMap 106sv w/ LS
    Dual 8' Power Poles

8. Member
    Hate that for you--I hate a thief!!

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DougH View Post
    Hope Karma comes his way, can't stand a thief!
    +1 Maybe he'll be the next one to be murdered for stealing in Florida. Never know about anything anymore that involves people. In my family alone, seen them all, from murderer to thieves, among other things. Yes, I stay clear of my family. Have for years.

10. Banned
    I have a few spares if You need a loaner or 2...

It is pretty brazen to steal them while you are gone to the truck. You know your routine better than me and what happened, but you did not notice them until the next day. I wonder if they were stolen after you left the ram, maybe when you stopped to eat or after you got home. I know Butler and it would be pretty risky to take them out of a locker while you were gone after the truck. I say out of a locker because you would have noticed them gone if they had been on the deck when you came back and loaded the boat. By the way, look at the Lock R Bar. I made one for my boat because it sits on a boat lift behind my house quite a bit.
    ----------------------------
    The bitterness of poor quality is remembered
    long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten - Benjamin Franklin

2013 RANGER RT188 - YAMAHA F115 - ULTREX - LOWRANCE GRAPHS
    LOCK-N-HAUL Transom Saver, ALL ABOARD Emergency Ladder
    1996 RANGER CHEROKEE - 40 YAMAHA

12. Member
    Are you sure they weren't taken from your home? Missing rods at a ramp is something I would notice immediately when I got back in the boat to put it on the trailer.

13. Member
    I have learned a lesson! I routinely leave my rods on the deck. Not anymore! He never had to get on the boat to unstrap them and be off. It's a dam shame you have to treat everybody as a thief. If I had felt something wrong I would have put them away because we talked for a few minutes, but to me he was just another fisherman. Lesson learned. I left the ramp and drove straight home, put the boat in the garage, plugged in the charger and never gave it another thought until my plans changed that evening and I got ready for Okeechobee. There was only one guy at the ramp and I should have known better. I hate you have to walk so far and your out of sight for a good 5 minutes to get your trailer there. Lesson learned..
    2014 Z119c
    225 Pro X\S
    Lowrance
    Powerpoles

Dayum bro! I hope you get them back.
    2008 Ranger 178VX
    150 Yamaha V-max

GO Fins!!!

15. Better Lucky Than Good! Casslaw's Avatar
    I’m really sorry to hear this, I hate a thief!

As has been said, any type of description, especially boat and truck could help us out! I do have the number to an FWC officer that covers my area, he may be able to get the word out about this...unfortunately I’m sure it happens way too much.
    2006 Triton SP-185, 2006 Evinrude Etec 90, PowerTech NRS3, Garmin Echomap Plus 73CV & 93SV

16. Member
    I was at Butler on Tuesday was this the day u r rods were taken? I remember a few boats there and I work for Orlando PD

17. Member
    Give us a description in case he shows up at another lake..

18. Member
    This happened a couple of Thursday ago, around noon, and I wish I had paid more attention to detail.. Yes my guard was down, but it was no different then the thousand of people we talk to at a ramp, but he had a white boat, which I couldn't tell you brand, 5'7, Thin, mustache, sandy brown hair and I guess 45 to 50 years old. Even as I write this I realize this is vague, But I WILL know him when I see him again.
    2014 Z119c
    225 Pro X\S
    Lowrance
    Powerpoles

19. Banned
    I would be waiting on him everyday at the ramp, but don't shoot him

20. Joe4d
    I am sorry ur rods are gone, and while you have narrowed it down to most likely.. You arnt at lack of reasonable doubt and IMO dont KNOW enough to go on a manhunt.. You left,,, didnt notice rods gone,,, got home, didnt notice rods gone,, parked boat untended,, didnt notice rods gone. Discovered later rods gone. Sorry but if I was on jury and you brought this to me I would say not guilty. Just too many other things could have happened.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast