Question Condition of Oklahoma Lakes?

With all the rain and then a weekend of having to fix a broken spring on the trailer, I haven't been fishing since back in September. I gotta hit the water but with all the rain, I'm sure the lakes are a mess. I've been watching lake levels at my usual waterhole, Arbuckle, and it's been a roller coaster with water all the way up into the parking lot and then dropped down to normal only to return to 7 feet high again. Murray is over the spillway.

I'm wondering what lakes are in good enough shape to get a boat on and have a prayer of catching a bass type fish? I'm paticulary interested in Konawa. If I remember correctly, it has a spillway so it doesn't flood like some others.
    Don't worry Ma'am....
    I'm only here for the
    Bass.

2. Member
    Fished Bell Cow Sunday and to my surprise it was in good shape. It was full for sure but it has an overflow which wont allow it to flood under normal conditions. The West end is muddy as expected but the east side was great. Water temp was 68. Caught a lot of fish too! Mostly small fish in the shallows which was expected with the rising water. Couple of 2.5's to top it off. All of them on squarebills and medium depth cranks. I considered it a great day and was definitely not what I was expecting but I was like you and couldn't stand it anymore so I went anyways. Go give it a whirl!
    Last edited by 99'Formula; 10-17-2018 at 10:13 AM.
    1985 Ranger 373V
    2018 Ranger RT198P *SOLD*
    2019 Ranger Z521C

4. Member
    Sooner is fishing decent, and will only get better

5. Banned
    Fished bluestem last weekend lake was in good shape caught more fish then I thought we would.

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by OkieBud View Post
    And muddy, looks like Willy Wonka's river.
    Ranger 205dvs 225opti

I fished Arbuckle again this past Sunday. It is as full as I've ever seen it...had to wade through ankle deep water on the walkway to the dock. It does seem like the fish have adjusted however. I five up in the bushes, one on a jig and the rest on a Speed Trap.

The water seemed to have stabilized since my last trip there. It's a little clearer. I did see a couple of good size floaters...one looked like a whole tree floating down lake. So, keep the speed down and an eye open.

Checking this morning, I see they've started releasing water again...starting the day I was there.

Don't worry Ma'am....
    I'm only here for the
    Bass.