Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
  1. Member
    I would be very curious about this new prop coming from power tech. The yamaha Pro that is recommend is very hard to find.
    This is supposed to be a copy of it coming sometime this year. I have emailed them about it for more details.
    http://www.ptprop.com/index.php?page...mart&Itemid=46

2. Member
    No response in 15 days from power tech.

3. Member
    I've a 23 TXP-OT4 that may be put up on the forsale page in a couple of days....

Steve Dyer
    Mt. Pleasant, NC

4. Member
    My apologies for the lack of response, RhinO. We do try our best to respond to all inquiries asap, m'friend. That said, between GoDaddy killin' our website for almost and month, one retired tech and one gone to the Air Force, you communication may have gotten lost in the mix. If you'd like, please, feel free to contact me directly at the number I've pm'd you.

As for the PRO V4, yes, sir. We're in testing right now, and have had great results, so far, but just so there's no confusion, this prop is for D-class motors (4.25" gearcase, 70-130), not E-class (4.75" gearcase, 150-up). We're also testing it with our new Generation 2 CushionLok hub system, since the newer lower units are getting noisier, rather than quieter, and that has shown excellent results. Fingers crossed, we'll be in production in a matter of weeks.

My apologies, again, for the lack of response, RhinO.

Marcus

5. Member
    Spanky, My name is Randy. I have an Xpress H-51 2006 model. I just replaced the motor with a new 115 SHO. I have a 6" manual jackplate with the cavitation plate set 1.5" above the pad. Im running a 21 pitch Solas prop. My boat wants to porpoise getting it on the pad. Once on the pad it runs great but there is no in between. Do you know of any setup to eliminate the porpoise? I am having to go to a 22 or 23 pitch prop. The RPM's are running about 6400 loaded. The dealer is getting me a different prop now. Any ideas would be helpful. Thanks, Randy

6. Member
    A lot of the old H51 guys used to run a Hydofoil on the motor to help with proposing. I know they look goofy, but they work

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Funky Monkey View Post
    My apologies for the lack of response, RhinO. We do try our best to respond to all inquiries asap, m'friend. That said, between GoDaddy killin' our website for almost and month, one retired tech and one gone to the Air Force, you communication may have gotten lost in the mix. If you'd like, please, feel free to contact me directly at the number I've pm'd you.

As for the PRO V4, yes, sir. We're in testing right now, and have had great results, so far, but just so there's no confusion, this prop is for D-class motors (4.25" gearcase, 70-130), not E-class (4.75" gearcase, 150-up). We're also testing it with our new Generation 2 CushionLok hub system, since the newer lower units are getting noisier, rather than quieter, and that has shown excellent results. Fingers crossed, we'll be in production in a matter of weeks.

My apologies, again, for the lack of response, RhinO.

Marcus
    thanks for getting back to us. The news that it is for D-class is good for my case because I have a 115hp SHO. I’d be interested in giving it a go in 19”.

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mmccaskill83 View Post
    see above
    made adjustments to the boat

Picked up a yamaha m-23 prop. 3.25" ptp, cooler full, full tank gas, half of bass pro in the storage boxes, and me, 57.6mpg gps. Starts to chine a bit right at max top speed, otherwise rides solid.

Like someone said to me, "finding the best prop for your boat is a black art, there are so many variables to everything".

Waiting on my local boat shop to pick up the Nispro tune to pick up 18+hp and 20+lbft torque. will update once done.
    Last edited by mmccaskill83; 11-28-2023 at 07:58 AM.
    X19 Pro Dual Console, Yamaha 150LB 4Stroke, 10" Z-Lock manual jack plate, 23" Yamaha M-23 prop, all 2017 model
    Humminbird Helix 7 Mega, Helix 10 Mega, Lowrance Elite 7-ti, Minn-Kota 80lbs thrust I-pilot with foot pedal

9. Member
    Spanky, new to site. I have been reviewing it this week. Headed to BR tomorrow to put money down on a H22Bay. It has the 175 SHO on it. I noticed on the buyers order i sent to the bank, it shows upgraded to Power Tech SS on the buyers order. Is this a good thing or a bad?
    I was going to order the 20' bay with the 150SHO, but it ended with the 20' w/upgraded to 150SHO bumped the price of the 20' to the price of a 22' with a regular 150. Looking at the difference in price I have decided to get the 22' with the 175SHO.
    Don't know what to expect out of that motor on this boat for speed, but will keep checking back and listening in as to proper set up of motor on the 6" jack plate.
    Thanks for any info you may throw out there.

10. Member
    What’s your prop to pad? I have the same set up looking to get dialed in

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Baylon328 View Post
    What’s your prop to pad? I have the same set up looking to get dialed in
    I haven’t picked the boat up yet. I’m in W Texas for another week. I had brought up the question and was going to try and get them to swap prop before delivery if it was advised by the brains on this group.
    When I asked the manager at the dealership he stated power tech had been working with Xpress on these props to perform for these boats. I am going to ask them to set prop shaft at 3.5”s below when I pick it up. He stated they are set at factory. I’m not to sure of that in reading the post on thi site. If they don’t do it I’ll do it myself.

12. Member
    X19 with 175 SHO and 6" jackplate powertech 23P prop. Cant seem to get better than 54 on gps.
    Looking at xpress performance bulletin, it says vent plate 5.75" above boat bottom. Anyone have any suggestions on where to move plate to? I expected to get 60mph.

13. Member
    Baylon, I finally got to pick it up Friday. H22 Bay, 175 SHO. They would not change the OFX 19 pitch prop. They said this is what Xpress recommends. After the first 2 hours of break in we started running it up a little, followed guidelines and did not run wide open for more than 5 minutes. One thing noticed is the RPM was a right with the MPH. 2500RPM gave me 25-26 mph. 4000RPM put me running 41.2, but that all ended when i opened it up.
    It stayed even up to 5200 RPM.. That gave me 53.6 mph according the GPS. My problem is once i reach that point-- 5200 at 53.6 mph.
    When I keep coming up on trim, I got to 5400 and i started loosing speed. I did not push it anymore pass that RPM when i noticed that i started loosing speed at the point. Center of prop shaft is 3.5" below the bottom of the boat.
    Do you have any clue? The OFX prop they had mounted on the boat is a 19 pitch.
    I sent an email to Power Tech last week asking about the different props and have had no answer. That was over a week ago.

14. Member
    Ok, moved the motor up to 3"s and did not help. RPM's and MPH hung together up until about 4800RPM's. Now when i go full throttle RPM's will come up to around 5000RPM's. Start coming up with trim and RPM's will come up, but keep loosing speed. 5500RPM's dropped me back to 47mph.
    At 4800rpm's i was doing 48 according to gps. Looks like i may drop it off at the prop shop when i get back from West Texas in two weeks.
    Anyone have any input?

15. Member
    Picked up the boat today from the prop shop here in Lafayette. They removed the OFX 19 after running it, lowered the jack plate and installed a Tempest 21 pitch.
    His results were 5600 RPM's and 57.5 mph. 5600rpm's was all that he could get out of it with the 21 pitch Tempest. I am going to try it out at Toledo Bend this weekend and see how I like it. Is there anything wrong with not being able to get over 5600rpm's? Will it hurt the motor?
    He said once I run if I don't like the rpm issue, he would pitch it back to a 20.
    This is on the boat i mentioned above. 22' Bay express with the 175sho.
    Any ideas? I am going to measure the prop shaft to bottom of the boat during daylight hours and see where he put it.
    Thanks for any advice.

16. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by zeeya View Post
    Picked up the boat today from the prop shop here in Lafayette. They removed the OFX 19 after running it, lowered the jack plate and installed a Tempest 21 pitch.
    His results were 5600 RPM's and 57.5 mph. 5600rpm's was all that he could get out of it with the 21 pitch Tempest. I am going to try it out at Toledo Bend this weekend and see how I like it. Is there anything wrong with not being able to get over 5600rpm's? Will it hurt the motor?
    He said once I run if I don't like the rpm issue, he would pitch it back to a 20.
    This is on the boat i mentioned above. 22' Bay express with the 175sho.
    Any ideas? I am going to measure the prop shaft to bottom of the boat during daylight hours and see where he put it.
    Thanks for any advice.
    Only problem would be making oil of the break in wasn’t done right. You wanna have it set up where at wot it’s close to the rev limiter. You can run it at 5600 all day though it just might not ever get up to full operating temp.

17. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bowhuntercoop View Post
    Only problem would be making oil of the break in wasn’t done right. You wanna have it set up where at wot it’s close to the rev limiter. You can run it at 5600 all day though it just might not ever get up to full operating temp.
    Thanks for the information. I will dig a little deeper and see if I will have him pitch it back to a 20.

18. Member
    2004 H51db
    2003 mercury 90hp 2 stroke
    6" high jacker manual jack plate
    Prop 5 1/2" below the pad
    13 1/2 x 22p power tech prop
    70lb minnkota
    (3) 29 series batteries
    51 mph GPS

19. Member
    2001 X19,
    5900+rpm
    99-200 Yamaha VMAX, performance reeds, stuffer plates.
    PTP about 4",
    6" hydraulic JP.
    23" solas scorpion.
    Running 57mph,
    25 PSI trimmed out.
    It runs ok, but seems more nose down than it should be... even when top end, fully trimmed.
    Thinking about a Turbo 24P four blade to help with bow lift/control etc... Others have suggested reshaping hull at transom to help with bow lift.

20. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Smallie_Hawgin View Post
    2001 X19,
    5900+rpm
    99-200 Yamaha VMAX, performance reeds, stuffer plates.
    PTP about 4",
    6" hydraulic JP.
    23" solas scorpion.
    Running 57mph,
    25 PSI trimmed out.
    It runs ok, but seems more nose down than it should be... even when top end, fully trimmed.
    Thinking about a Turbo 24P four blade to help with bow lift/control etc... Others have suggested reshaping hull at transom to help with bow lift.
    16" of setback did it for me. Bow flew high and my old 2001 X19 ran in the mid 70's! (At least put a 12" plate on her)
    2018 X21 Pro
    Yamaha 250 SHO
    12" Hydraulic Atlas
    Minn Kota 112# Ultrex

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast