Thread: Old Hickory

Honda / Raymarine Moderator Hickory Legend's Avatar

Old Hickory

we had 5 fish for 8.5 pounds to win the Reel Man Of God Saturday. All caught on a chatter baits without a trailer to shorten up the bait. Around grass and with bait.

2. Member
    Congrats. Sounds like tough fall bite though

3. Member
    Congratulations, and thanks for the info! It was a mud hole when I drove by Monday.

4. Member
    Congrats on your win. That lake is fishing very tuff for me. Only had two short-fish Friday 8-2:30.

We fished the Big Bass Bash out of Flippers Saturday. We caught a limit for sure but only weighed in during one time slot. However that one weighed 5.4 and won that slot and overall for the day. Had fun and caught a lot of fish.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Jason Hale; 10-17-2018 at 06:28 PM.

Hopefully this cooler weather will get these fish turned on pretty quick
    99 Ranger 217 Cherokee w/115hp Evinrude

7. Member
    I fished there yesterday around midlalke. It was really tough for me. The water color was pretty normal. Temp was 65. First time I had been out since a month ago. I found plenty of bait. I really struggled and only caught one dink on a squarebill. In one spot , back end of a bay , the shad were incredibly thick. Fish were busting em so I eased in there to have a better look. I never did see for certain what kind of fish they were but they were big. I did catch one drum in there around 3 lbs and another twice that size chased it to the boat. I wish I knew what fish were bustin those shad.
    GETFISHED !!!

Quote Originally Posted by Hickory Legend View Post
    we had 5 fish for 8.5 pounds to win the Reel Man Of God Saturday. All caught on a chatter baits without a trailer to shorten up the bait. Around grass and with bait.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Hale View Post
    We fished the Big Bass Bash out of Flippers Saturday. We caught a limit for sure but only weighed in during one time slot. However that one weighed 5.4 and won that slot and overall for the day. Had fun and caught a lot of fish.
    Congrats guys!!!

9. Honda / Raymarine Moderator Hickory Legend's Avatar
    Nice job Jason!!!

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by getfished View Post
    I fished there yesterday around midlalke. It was really tough for me. The water color was pretty normal. Temp was 65. First time I had been out since a month ago. I found plenty of bait. I really struggled and only caught one dink on a squarebill. In one spot , back end of a bay , the shad were incredibly thick. Fish were busting em so I eased in there to have a better look. I never did see for certain what kind of fish they were but they were big. I did catch one drum in there around 3 lbs and another twice that size chased it to the boat. I wish I knew what fish were bustin those shad.
    Next time pick up a small rattle trap. I can normally find those white bass with it fairly quick, and yes there are some good ones! LM will hang out in there as well, but I’ve never really caught a big girl like that.

Congrats on good finishes guys! My boat garage is finally done except for the fence. I don’t need the fence to put the boat in there lol. Hopefully headed to Gintersville Friday for a few days of much needed R&R. I haven’t wet a line in about six weeks, maybe longer?