Thread: Why?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Why?

Why do i want a fiberglass bass boat? I have a great aluminum boat. Why do i keep wanting one so bad!!!!! Why? My boat is set up like i like, searves a great purpose, fits my need but i feel like i have got to have a glass boat for some dumb reason. I dont understand, i really want the pad hull, bigger motor and such but for why i dont know. I dont want to fish tournaments, i just see some and just want one? Anyone else feel this way?

2. Banned
    Bigger faster bug limited only by your income.

4. Member
    I have the $, if i buy its with cash.

5. Member
    I keep telling myself to buy a glass rig and biy a smaller aluminum rig for the bad places.

6. Member
    If it itches, scratch it.

7. Member
    On the other side guys like me traded a real nice 20’ glass boat for an aluminum rig. Life is short, if you can afford it after you’ve taken care of your obligations go for it.

8. Member
    Why not?

9. Member
    Life is short, you only live once. If you have the funds and it's not going to hurt you financially, why not do it. Be happy.
    Brad Krone

I would like to have a aluminum and a fiberglass boat.
    " Talking to you is like clapping with one hand "
    Anthrax

11. Member
    I felt the same way. I now have both and guess what? I have much more fun fishing with the aluminum boat.

12. Member
    When I started fishing when I was a very young kid it was out of a aluminium boat. Move to fiberglass as I got older and now have both. Last year when I bought my G3 I have used the glass boat very little. I am going to hang on to my glass boat for a few more years but if I don't use it enough to justify keeping it I will probably sell it even though it has been paid for a long time. The aluminum boat has opened up some new fishing waters that is inaccessible with a glass boat.
    2007 Bass Cat Pantera IV
    2018 G3 Sportsman 1710

13. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Cape Fear View Post
    When I started fishing when I was a very young kid it was out of a aluminium boat. Move to fiberglass as I got older and now have both. Last year when I bought my G3 I have used the glass boat very little. I am going to hang on to my glass boat for a few more years but if I don't use it enough to justify keeping it I will probably sell it even though it has been paid for a long time. The aluminum boat has opened up some new fishing waters that is inaccessible with a glass boat.
    this is what i dont want to happen! Im afraid i wont use it enough

You could just trade into an Xpress, all the performance of glass and the benefits of tin. I went from a Ranger to the X19 and don't regret getting rid of the glass.
    2014 X19
    2014 200 SHO

15. Member
    Thats your back talking. Tins ride rougher than glass

Look at a Vexus tin before you jump , might be surprised at what you see.

17. Member
    I felt the same way. I bought my fiberglass boat and love it.

18. Member
    Not sure what type lakes you fish, from a perspective in the South, stumps (just rolling over them) will destroy the performance of a tin boat, but on todays glass boats, they are made to take the "roll overs". Glass is "softer riding" than the tin when you get in the waves. Wind tends to blow the lighter tins around more than the glass. I know they build both and both have their places, but overall I would rather have glass than tin -- personal preference.
    BBC Sponsor since 2006: (870) 773-3474
    Mon - Thrs 8am - 5pm Central
    Friday 8am-12pm
    Garmin Certified Dealer and Installers: Call us for all your Garmin Electronics needs!
    ASC for: Garmin, Lowrance, Minnkota, Humminbird, and Powerpole.
    [SIGPIC] http://www.jonestrollingmotor.com
    [/SIGPIC]

19. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonestrollingmotor View Post
    Not sure what type lakes you fish, from a perspective in the South, stumps (just rolling over them) will destroy the performance of a tin boat, but on todays glass boats, they are made to take the "roll overs". Glass is "softer riding" than the tin when you get in the waves. Wind tends to blow the lighter tins around more than the glass. I know they build both and both have their places, but overall I would rather have glass than tin -- personal preference.
    Me too John, I'm old, and can't chase an aluminum boat around in waves and wind. I need the stability of heavy old fiberglass.

I had a tin boat for years that served me well. But....the want for a glass with a big motor was just too overwhelming for me. I did need/want a bigger deck and over all larger boating platform. I moved up a few times to get where I’m at now and have no regrets. Although I still could use the Ol tin from time to time. But no regrets.

2008 BULLET 21XD 2007 Merc 300xs

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast