Thread: Customization

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Catfish Xpress View Post
    Looks like a great job on the bracket, very sturdy. But shouldn't the transducer be level and turned around?
    Thanks.
    It works in either direction and that picture makes it seem at an extreme angle but I kept it parallel with the water stain on my JP using a cardboard template to find my angle. Used it a few times and it works great.

2. Member
    It will be level when the boat is in the water and as far as the ducer you can change settings to reverse it on the head unit.

should I take a level reading of my boat on the water and then level my transducer accordingly?
    2013 X24 Catfish, Yamaha 250 SHO

4. Xpress Boats Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Catfish Xpress View Post
    should I take a level reading of my boat on the water and then level my transducer accordingly?
    I'd do like Trent,and level it with the waterline.That's how i did mine.

5. Member
    The best way is to take a level while you idle and set your transducer to that. Its not always that far off but it can make a big difference when using down or side scan. The best images I have seen come from boats set up that way.

Took your advice and adjusted my transducer. Big help! Thanks.

7. Member
    A little carpet bling, skate board grip tape added to step for slip safety with Denali logo added. image.jpg

8. Member

9. Xpress Boats Moderator
    Looks good Anthony!

It's getting to be that time of year when I pretty much only fish at night. So I installed some UV lights. Really makes the line and rod tips pop. UV doesn't seem to draw the bugs in near as bad as other colors.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Sorry about the sideways pictures, uploaded them from my cell.

12. Member

Some LEDs from eBay. Instead of $130 for the blue water kit these cost around $30 and are really easy to install too.

Really like the red LED's you installed. I think im going to go with the red also on the inside of the boat.

14. Member
    Catfish, only thing I would do different, and will fix pretty soon is put some under the console and in the center just to light up the middle a little better. But they light up the compartments great! And def make shifting rods and stuff around on tournament mornings much easier!

Anyone that has the 10'-12' talons and are tired of waiting for Minn Kota to come out with the covers you should check out Tuff Skinz. Great fit and you can leave them on while running if you want to.

I like to do a lot of night fishing in the summer months and a lot of that is drift fishing. It's tough sometimes to see which way your trolling motor is pointing when your standing at the back of the boat. For some reason most trolling motors don't have a direction indicater light so I got a mirror turn signal light off eBay and fastened it to the trolling motor. Should be a big help.

17. Member
    Spanky,
    I just acquired a 2011 H51 (Boat & trailer only). It is rated for a 70 HP. I have a few questions about your rig as I am in the process of rigging mine.
    Did you spray the under side of your Lids?
    Do they make a pint size Keel Guard and where did you find yours?
    What size gas tank is in your boat and what is your motor HP?

Thanks.

18. Member

Grommets

Dave,

Where did you get the grommets from?

Quote Originally Posted by Dave45 View Post
    I had issues with the rods getting tangled in my X-70, too. Here is what I built out of 1/2" plywood laying around the house. I used cardboard for a template of the front and back to measure my only rod locker, which is kind of small. I was able to get 8 rods into this setup.

Carpet: $1 at Lowe's ( 50 cents for 6 ft by 1 foot, thus, 2 ft by 6 ft wide= $1)

Cheap hot glue gun at Lowe's: $3 including 3 sticks,enough for the job

Contact cement: $6

Rod butt grommets off Ebay: $20 -2 for $5, bought 4 sets

L brackets: $6 at Ace hardware, screws included

golf tubes at Dick's: $12 -$1.50 a piece/bought 8 tubes

Total cost: $50

I hot glued the tubes in the front in, thanks to the great tips I got on this site. The grommets I looked long and hard for, the are made of a split rubber and kind of reminds me of a thick whisker biscuit if any of you bowhunt, it is similar. I learned the hard way to account for the thickness of the carpet when making your measurements. It does affect the installation and I had to make 2 cuts,better than one short one though. Cut the carpet with a straight edge and a razor knife, and used a small speed square to make sure I had it looking right and not cockeyed.

Hope this helps anyone trying to do it on their own boat,no matter what the brand. Any questions just ask me.

19. Member
    Has anyone tried or been successful to install the flush mounted NAV lights in the gunnel? I really want to do that mod.
    Last edited by elite64a; 06-23-2015 at 03:17 AM.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123